anybody got Soul Caliber II yet?

drowddrowd Texas
edited November 2003 in Gaming
well, do you? i just read a review of it, and each console has a different hidden character. the xbox has spawn and the gamecube has link. i mean, i personally feel that zelda's link would just be badass in a fighting game, but from the review the spawn character was also very cool as well as having the best graphics (of course). anyway, if anyone has played it, lemme know . . .

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2003
    i can tell you that ive spent at least $50 in arcades playing that game, its SOOOO much fun. i dont have a console in my dorm though, so no SC for me :-(
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited August 2003
    yeah, it sounds really great, i think i am gonna go pick it up when i get off of werk . . .
  • edited August 2003
    Got it.

If you don't
    Got it.

Get it!

:D
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited August 2003
    ok, so i finally got it. and i have to say that i am impressed. i think that dead or alive 3 is my personal favorite (i know a lot of folks dont like it, but i do) fighting game, but this one is definitely going to keep my attention longer than some of the other fighting games i have seen recently (tao feng -- *shudder* ). in addition, that chick that has the crazy little forearm spike things (dont know what they are called) is prolly my favorite. she is so fast. the guy with the quarter-staff is also pretty slick . . .
  • edited September 2003
    REVIEW! DROWD!
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2003
    smoke break, boss :D . . .
  • edited September 2003
    :D
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited September 2003
    Originally posted by Coaster
    REVIEW! DROWD!

Its great working for the Hitler of the games review world isnt is Drowd.....
  • edited September 2003
    I sure hope so :D

Glad your all happy ;):p
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited September 2003
    talim is the shizz. i play talim, maxi, asteroth, and i'm working on ivy... gotta diversify dont you know
  • edited September 2003
    Cervantes, Link, and Misurugi

Also Yoshimitsu.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited September 2003
    I don't think any of the bonus characters fit into the game (nor the extra guy for all platforms from Todd McFarlane...forgot his name). I was really wary of all of them, but figured Link would fit in better than the other two. Well, from a character development standpoint, my expectations were certainly exceeded, although I wish he'd talk more. Sadly, I keep hearing how the exclusive characters are way overpowered and have been banned from competetive play. I actually had a rougher time playing through arcade with link than I did with Talim and Taki, but he's not exactly my playing style and I bet if I were more familiar with him I'd understand the "overpowered" thing more.

However, I have picked it up for gamecube and really like the game - tho I don't see that much of an improvement over the dreamcast predecessor gameplay-wise (and many of the stages look to me like they could have been done on the DC.

Talim really is pretty kick-@$$ and alot of fun to play. Take is awesome as always, but the developers have put her into a massive fan-service role this time...she's practically the Mai Shiranui of the series now (you'll especially understand once you finish the arcade mode with her). Mitsurugi has some good combos, but beware of coming up short on an attack, because you will get hurt.

The team battle mode is also nice ;)
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Voldo is the coolest guy in the game ;). Seriously he's who I always use.

Great game overall, my room mate always uses the girl with the arm things.
  • SteTheDudeSteTheDude Rochdale, England!
    edited September 2003
    hmmm might have to pick that up... Spawn is definately the Daddy :)
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited September 2003
    One questions....what the HECK is up with Voldo's THIGHS?!?!? Ever hear of liposuction?!?!
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2003
    haha, yeah, i was trying to decide if those were like, riding pants of some sort that blew in the wind, or he had massively fatty thighs. just . . . weird . . .
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited September 2003
    xbox version doesnt support widescreen TVs. the only game i have found that will only display on half of a widescreen tv.

pretty annoying.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2003
    um, i have a widescreen tv, and it supports it just fine. thats really weird though. i have never heard that before. but yeah, it werks fine on my tv . . .
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited September 2003
    Originally posted by drowd
    um, i have a widescreen tv, and it supports it just fine. thats really weird though. i have never heard that before. but yeah, it werks fine on my tv . . .

what? The USA version?

Yeah it sux man. It only displays in the middle of the screen, so the sides of the screen are just black. kind of like a widescreen dvd displays black bars on top and bottom, only opposite and the black bars are bigger. :mad:

The import version (JPN) did this too. I was hoping it would be fixed in the US version.

I have tried changeing the xbox config from wide screen back to regular and back to WS to see if it would pick up.

What kind of tv you use? What kind of cables? what version xbox? modded?

Heres mine

Sony rear projection widescreen HDTV

Using the HDTV cables for my v1.0 xbox which is modded.

I wonder if there is anything i can do to relieve it. I guess the game plays @ up to 720P HD. I wonder if turning HDTV off would help at all.
  • jdccbjdccb Mid-Atlantic USA
    edited October 2003
    Got this for my Cube, it's a good bit of fun to play with to say the least, I have not been priveledged to sample Heiheichi (no clue how to spell that) or Spwan, but Link is a blast to play. The game's great fun, doesn't look that much better than the DC one, but that doesn't change the fact that it's very pretty. Plays great, all around fun stuff :)
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited October 2003
    FormFactor, i am so sorry i didnt get back to you.

here are my specs

My tv is a Panasonic 53 inch widescreen HDTV.

i also use the composite cables (non-rca, but with 3 dedicated cables for color)

and my xbox is a 1.0 and also modded with a recent (not latest release) of evox with and executor 2.0 lite

and i have ran both the japan and usa version of the game on my xbox.

so, sorry, i didnt have any problems with the splitting of the screen. what modchip and shell are you running?
  • edited November 2003
    I got it first day it came out. Me and friends play it all the time. Playing looser hands off the controler. So far Iv gotten pretty good with Mitsrugi, Spawn, Maxi, Nightmare, Raphel, Talim. Most of the other characters I can bust out some moves with. But those are my best. Iv been working alot on Ivry. Seems to be paying off. That whippy sword thing is massive fun.

Awesome game. It has more than payed for its self with the sheer amount of play its gotten.
  • edited November 2003
    Got this for my Cube, it's a good bit of fun to play with to say the least, I have not been priveledged to sample Heiheichi (no clue how to spell that) or Spwan, but Link is a blast to play.

You got the best version. Link's the man, all the others are pointless additions. I mean come on, Heihachi, what were they thinking? One of the Final Fantasy characters would have been a better choice then him. And Spawn? WTF Spawn didn't even have anything to do with the Xbox at the time (this is not including his new craptacular game), they shoulda picked someone more closely related to the Xbox.... lol imagine Master Chief fighting in the game...