I'm Lovin this MAX3

BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
edited October 2003 in Hardware
It seems as day by day goes by that I am simply amazed by this mobo. Rock solid stable, never does anything that lowers my evaluation of this mobo. Benchs are super, I just don't believe what I see in these numbers with no more than I have in equipment. Straight air cooling and the temps are in the 30c range always. This is the results of the bench I ran just a while ago and this system runs this way day in and day out. No settings to enhance anything, just run the program.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7039881

Simply Amazing!

Comments

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    just incredible!!!

thats some serious power!! next thing i guess would be to watercool this beast!
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited September 2003
    i might buy one of those. my is7 cant run voltages above 1.6v and still boot - while it may be a weakass chip, i really dont like the temps this board has decided to report either (stupid abit) so im thinking about switching
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited September 2003
    If I look in bios at the temps on the cpu, I get temps in the 40c-50c.
    I know by reading the abit forum on the Intel site that the Abit boards are reporting 8-10c higher than the actual cpu temps are. Abit acknowledges this and states just don't worry yourself over this, just run the board with this in mind.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    BobyJo

Are there HS on the mosfets under the OATES cooling shroud? Can the shroud be removed easily?
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited October 2003
    The shroud has three screws that hold the shroud to the mobo. There are some hs that should actually be cleaned and done the thermal paste routine like the cpu gets done.
    That will surely help, there are a bunch of mosfets under the shroud.
    All the 4 stage power regulater controllers are under there.
    This removes the heat from the mobo and expels the heat outside the case.
    I think this is the better way of heat releaf.
    There are some hs/fans on video cards that exhaust the hot air outside the case and not just hot air inside the case.
    edited October 2003
    Thank you!
    I have been intrigued bu this idea and was wondering about that. How much noise does the OATES system make?
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited October 2003
    I can't hear the oates fan over the other fans in the system.
    edited October 2003
    I am real curious on this as I would be building one on water for a "silent" system.
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited October 2003
    I never ventured into this area.
    So I couldn't give you any advise on this.
    I will tell you the Oates fan is not any louder than a case fan. With your water cooled unit, would you have any case fans at all?
    This may sound a little stupid, but since I have never did any water cooled systems.
    I would not know if you would have any air fans at all.
    edited October 2003
    I would only have one very slow 120 in the case and a mderate but quiet 96 in my PSU. I wasn't thinking so much about just the whine of a fan but also the "vacum cleaner" sound effect that I envision from the design, like an early Nvidia FX.
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited October 2003
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited October 2003
    I have 5 case fans, the oates fan, cpu fan, vpu fan, and chipset fan for a total of 9 fans running and they are not objectional to me.
    None of the fans are hi velocity, just std fans.
    I can hear the fan sitting across the room on a desk above the fans in my computer.
    That is the only thing I have to measure by.
    edited October 2003
    My fans have been getting larger and the RPM's lower, which means more noise but it is more tolerable. Right now I am close to the 50 mile mark and want to eliminate as much noise as possible. I also want the new machine to be at home in a serene office environment with soft music in the background just loud enough to be heard but not noticed.
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited October 2003
    If you want to know my inpression.
    You will not have any problems.
    The fans you are planning on having and the quiteness you desire.
    I don't forsee anything hampering your level of noise.