I be new

edited October 2003 in Gaming
Hey, I'm new. I can hardly wait to engage in exciting and intellectual conversations with you fine fellows about electronic entertainment!......ok, I only joined to enter the Titans contest. Shameless, I know, but hey, FREE GAMES=me be shameless.

Comments

• edited October 2003
    lol

Welcome to Icrontic Forums anyway :)

Drop in anytime :) The games side we want to expand on, and we need your posts for that.

Good luck :)
  • MithrandirdragonMithrandirdragon S. Korea
    edited October 2003
    I'm new here too. :D

Hopefully some people will start threads on AoM and all those other strategy games. I don't mind RPG either.
  • edited October 2003
    Mithrandirdragon feel free to start your own as well :D
    edited October 2003
    Well, I might start my own, but usually I feel more comfortable doing that with knowledge of other AoM/RPG likers here.....u see, my thread starters are looong posts. :cool:
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited October 2003
    well welcome to the forums regardless, new faces are always good!
    edited October 2003
    Unfortunately not many ppl post in here...... :(

*waits patiently for fellow AoM/RPG gamers* Do you play RPGs or AoM? There's gotta be some ppl around here....anyone know Baldur's gate II or Age of Empires II or.....=P
  • edited October 2003
    Age Of Empires Yep, always loved the game, right from the first Edition :D
    edited October 2003
    Same here Coaster...AOE I was my first RTS and I loved the aspects of exploration, combat, etc featured in it.... :D

I have to thank one of my friends for introducing me to RTSes. Before then I played some puzzle/educational games (like Carmen Sandiego and Zoombinis, two pretty good game series mind =P).

So err.....when will reviews of AoM: The Titans/AoM and the rest of the Age series be up? I wouldn't mind a nice NWN review either....but I'd esp. love to see a new, fresh BGII review. Teeehee :)
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited October 2003
    i actually just installed bg2 on my pc fresh maybe 2 weeks ago because i had totally skipped that game. i was thinking about getting into it. but, isnt it like, 160 hours long or something?

also, welcome to the new guys . . .
    edited October 2003
    It is long, but the atosphere is great, u can romance characters and do all sorts of things in BG2...nearly everything is polished and high quality, and it follows AD adn D rules, but it has a cool storyline and cool villain......very immersive. The best RPG ever in my opinion....better than most modern ones due to its replayability and challenging content. ^_^
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by Mithrandirdragon
    It is long, but the atosphere is great, u can romance characters and do all sorts of things in BG2...nearly everything is polished and high quality, and it follows AD adn D rules, but it has a cool storyline and cool villain......very immersive. The best RPG ever in my opinion....better than most modern ones due to its replayability and challenging content. ^_^

Except the expansion kills the game and it seems like it wasn't even developed by the same people.
    The portrait styles are different, the entire storyline seems to be in a different style,and it almost degenerates into a hack and slash style game.

If you value the BG series, you wont play the expansion for BG2, it will ruin it all.

NS
    edited October 2003
    I totally disagree, because even though the expansion wasn't as expansive as BG2 original (it's an expansion) it had cool enemies, a proper and suitable ending....as well as some great new spells and music. It has Bioware's fingerprints all over it. =)
  • SteTheDudeSteTheDude Rochdale, England!
    edited October 2003
    hello to the new folks
    edited October 2003
    er....hi.......anything else you want to say? =P
  • edited October 2003
    Me? Uh, the only point-'n-click and/or MMORPG I've ever played is Dungeon Siege.
    edited October 2003
    Well, u really should try out other games.....there are LOTS out there which are better than hack and slash DS, which is basically like a 3D Diablo II with better graphics. -_-
  • edited October 2003
    I'd get Diablo II, if I had the money, I guess.
    edited October 2003
    It's not that expensive, but I'd recommend a more modern game. :)
  • edited October 2003
    Diablo II was a good game personally, but yes something more modern :)
  • edited October 2003
    I was also considering getting Neverwinter Nights, but once again, money's an issue. Mebbe for Christmas. BTW, what are the minimum requirements for said game?
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2003
    Divine Divinity is the best single player version of that style game I've ever played. "Single Player Diablo done right" is how I describe it.