Review of the 18inch lcd

KometeKomete Member
edited October 2003 in Community
Hi there. I think you guys should have used a differnt moniter to compare the Mits lcd to. I know one of the Mags crt's use a Mitsubishi tube but I dont think it's that one. Higher end crt's and I mean in the $250.00 and above range give you a much better picture.

The reason Im saying this is over the summer I was deciding between a lcd and a crt. When It came down to it I could not get the smoothness of a crt in a lcd for under 800.00. Video and gamming being a big fator. BTW the MAG's I saw simply sucked in everything.

Color wise just like in your review as soon as I hooked up my new moniter I could see new shades I never saw before. Games and Movies were increadible. Dont get me started on the brightness :) It ended up costing me 220 after rebate for a 19inch crt.

At work I use a 20inch LCD from Dell. When it comes down to it Yes reading web pages was better on a LCD but Movies games and anything moveing my crt blew it away.

If I had to choose for my home between a lcd and a crt it would be A good CRT anyday.

Comments

• stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited October 2003
    Good points Komete.
  • edited October 2003
    I would get a LCD but they are too expensive, but they seem good for the price :| but still to expensive for little paupers like me :P
  • verselloversello New
    edited October 2003
    I recently got a job, and, well... my first paycheque is going towards a 19" Samsung LCD :D
  • edited October 2003
    I need a job :P

but then i need to save up for a new PC :P

650 mhz duron all the way baby ;)
  • verselloversello New
    edited October 2003
    lol, time to overclock! ;)
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited October 2003
    im leaning heavily towards that same LCD versello. 191T all the way!
  • verselloversello New
    edited October 2003
    right on :cool:
  • edited October 2003
    Ohoho i was thinking about overclocking my good ol duron ;)

But i dunno if i have to do anything to the chip :D
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited October 2003
    You guys are realy F****n up my Anti-LCD thread. Wasssup?

lol
  • edited October 2003
    Ooooopsssy :P soz mate

By the way how much was that LCD i was looking online and i came accross prices like 500 quid

I dunno if you had the price in your review but i must of missed it
  • verselloversello New
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by Komete
    You guys are realy F****n up my Anti-LCD thread. Wasssup?

hehe
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited October 2003
    The reason I used the MAG to compare is simply, I don't have anyother monitor. I know it is kind of crappy, thats why I got a new monitor :D. Still, I wanted to provide a comparision.

As for the price, when I got this thing from Office Max, I believe it was $550, with a $50 dollar instant rebate, and a $100 dollar mail in rebate. I maybe wrong about those numbers (it has been a few months,) but I do remember the thing ended up costing 400 bucks. Not too bad of a deal :).
  • edited October 2003
    Yes very good :D

How is the gaming with it?
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited October 2003
    That was a good deal on the LCD you got. I dunno what they have done to Moniters in general (LCD&CRT) but the shades that they are putting out now are simply night and day campared to a moniter bought just 3 or 4 years ago.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I hate gaming on LCD's, and if you ever try to game on anything other than it's native res then it just looks like utter shite.

Soon to invest in a 19" illyama.....

NS