Replacement IC7-MAX3

BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
edited November 2003 in Hardware
I have a tracking # on the replacement IC7-Max 3.
I sent the defective part to LaPuente CA, and the replacement is coming from Edison NJ. I never would have thought that NewEgg had a warehouse in NJ.
O well the new mobo will be here Monday the 27th.

Comments

• NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited October 2003
    yeah, they've had a warehouse there for some time. Only thing is when they ship, it goes all the way back to CA before it reaches you :rolleyes:

Good Luck with the replacement.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Dang it son, what did ya go an break that puddy new toy fer? And I thought you were doin so well with it too! They opened that new warehouse out east some time ago and it is real weird for us being in the middle. Some stuff has come from Ca. and some has come from N.J. lately. Good luck gettin her put back together. ;)
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited October 2003
    I don't know why, but we get stuff from CA a lot quicker than from the Eastern part of the USA.
    We normally get everything from CA, maybe they didn't have the board in stock in the CA warehouse.
    Besides look at it this way, from TX to CA is only across 3 states, from TX to NJ is so many I can't count them on my fingers.

Thank goodness for FedEX they delivered the mobo today, Friday and have it up and running. Will burn it in for a few days and get things back to where I was a month ago.
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited October 2003
    I will have to say this new mobo has no problems.
    The NB is seated very well and the temps are like they should be. The board OC's very well, as of now I have it running at 3600, or a 600 OC.
    Still running and the temps are great also. The probe on the cpu says 32.9 and the system has been running about 3hrs.
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited November 2003
    I found what the problem was when I was having all the corrupted files.
    I had downloaded DX9.0b from MS.
    This DX9.0b was over 25gb in size.
    I had been using this file for all the DX9 games prior to Halo and no problems of any kind.
    I also installed this DX file into Halo and was playing Halo under this DX9.0b install.
    Little did I know that MS has changed a lot of the components in thier DX9.0b and the proper way of installing this program is to download the small file that accesses MS and downloades what components of DX9.0b from thier server and installs these files to your computer OS.
    I first ran across this when I let the DX9.0b install from the Halo CD.
    The ISP access lights on the up and down was going crazy downloading files from MS server.
    Never have any problems with files and corruption since.
    The only thing I repaired was the onboard sound, It does not quit now, everything works as it is supposed to.