Wolf Enemy Territory on Win98se

HalOfBorgHalOfBorg West Virginia
edited November 2003 in Gaming
OK - I just did a fresh install of Win98se (not that I INTENDED to - see Other Posting ), and I would like to play Wolf ET again.

Not that 56Kv.92 is good for online gaming, but I still have fun!

BUT - when I launch the game, the movie plays fine, then the game / pc locks except for the mouse. Reset only option!:mad::mad::mad:

I have DirectX 8.1 installed, as well as the latest drivers (52.something for the G4 TI4200 GS). I tried other vid drivers - no good.

I DLd DX9.0b FULL from Microsloth, but what if install hoses my son's OTHER games??

I HATE this so blasted much! :mad::mad:

Now I guess I have to use Ghost to image the drive, try DX9, then unhose it if needed.

Comments

• edited November 2003
    Direct X 9 will not "hose" the other games.

What they've failed to tell you is that enemy territory does not work right all the time on win 98. believe me i've tried multiple times myself.

first thing you should do is install dx9. if that doesnt work, uninstall ET and then reinstall.

most likely i think that ET doesn't like 98 but that could just be my computer.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    AFAIK Enemy Territory is OpenGL.
  • HalOfBorgHalOfBorg West Virginia
    edited November 2003
    I had DirectX 8.0 installed when I installed WolfET - at end of install window said to be sure to install DX 8.1 or better.

Reinstalled WolfET, installed DX9.0b, reinstalled WolfET again.

All no good - same results.

Any more ideas?
  • edited November 2003
    yeah get a new os
  • HalOfBorgHalOfBorg West Virginia
    edited November 2003
    I want my XP Pro Corporate Edition back. JUST as soon as I get a few Vid cards to try..... and the time, will and desire.
  • edited November 2003
    yeah man, i understand all to well. if you knew linux you could always dual boot and run ET in linux...