shadowbane MMORPG

drowddrowd Texas
edited January 2004 in Gaming
so, my friend just told me about this game shadowbane, and i am getting all signed up for my 15 day free trial. does anyone else play and do you have any pointers

AND

for those that dont play, do you want to come join us newbies as we start our struggle against much more dominant players. YAY!

anyway, i dont know much about it myself, but its all player versus player combat, and not hardly any npc fighting. anyway, if anyone is interested, this is your thread!

PS. to get started, just go to http://www.filemirrors.com and search for 'shadowbane', and that will give you a link to where you can d/l the trial from. good luck!

Comments

• stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited January 2004
    I know people who play it. Mixed reviews overall, some find it friendly while others get their arse's handed to them ;).

I liked EQ, but will never play MMORPG again... too much money for little true enjoyment (levelling gets old fast).
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited January 2004
    yeah, i heard that some people either love it or hate it, and i attributed most of that to the fact that it was PvP and that wasnt some folks cup o tea. i am gonna give it a shot and see how it turns out. but the best part is that its free. the other thing i just learned was that when you buy the game (around 5 or 10 dollars) you get another month free on top of the free trial. so that shouldnt be too bad . . .
  • edited January 2004
    Leveling does get old fast when all you're doing is running around killing npc's, and Everquest in particular is known for slow leveling.

I don't have much mmo exerience but I would think having almost everything player driven and having the goals be more about money and power than experience would be the way too go. From what I've seen Everquest isn't a very good game just one of the first in it's genre. I'm really hoping World of Warcraft is gonna break the mmo mold. I've already read that leveling in that game is much faster and there's enough content that it can actually be fun playing by yourself. Something all the others I've seen is lacking, but anyway anybody wanna come try the 10 day Shadowbane trial with us.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited January 2004
    ok for those that care (perhaps contemplating whether they should get in on this free trial) there was much shadowbaning occuring last nite. it was good fun. it took me a little bit to get the hang of stuff, but just like with any game, once you have the learning curve under control, its all gravy. anyway, it was good fun and i think sleepstalker and i got to level 10 fairly quickly, maybe 2 hours or so. right now, we are still on newbie island in the chaos server, but i would like to think that once we go up a bit in level, we will be able to join some of the city sieges and PvP action. there is no player killing on the island we are on now, but we should remedy that shortly. so if ANYONE wants to get in on this free trial business, nows the time. especially if you have never tried out an mmorpg, here is your chance to do it for free. wahoo!!!1