Call of Duty CD Key Location

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited November 2003 in Gaming
Ok guys, here goes.

Now I'm either gonna be the biggest idiot to grace the forums, or I got hosed by Activision. Anyone here have Call of Duty, and if so, where the hell is the CD key on the jewel case?? I've dug through everything and its nowhere to be found. I'm asuming there is supposed to be a sticker on the CD case with the Key, or its printed on the insert etc etc, but there is nothing along those lines. Can anyone tell me where theirs is located?? Thanks.

Stupidly yours,

Pseudo

Comments

• edited November 2003
    Did you look in the manual itself (if it came with one) my IGI2 had the key printed in the manual.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, just went through everything, can't seem to find it. The manual and install say its on the Jewel case. Looks to me like it just didn't get put on there. I just wanna know where I need to be looking, cause

1) I could just be a big idiot
    2) I'm opening the next one I grab at Best Buy when I take this thing back.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I know I had this same problem with Op. FlashPoint LOL! I was lookinga nd looking... even looked through the Manual. Nothing, then I threw it on the ground and on the last page of the manual at the bottom was clearly written "CD-KEY"... ugh :P
  • ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited November 2003
    Call of duty. I really liked that game.
    Althou the AI is hit or miss at times.
    edited November 2003
    Well, it wasn't in the CD at all. Called Activision just ot be sure I wasn't missing something, and I wasn't. Now I'm off to play.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    lol, did u try to install the game without the cdkey at all?
    edited November 2003
    Naw, it wouldn't let me install w/o the key. Just ran back to best buy and returned it.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2003
    I had the same thing with another game, I can't remember which but it was a two CD one. I even had understanding wife look through the manual, no key. I took it back to the shop and went into whinge mode, The guy lifted out the second CD, There was a sticker under it with the keys.

bothered.:confused2 :banghead: :mad2: :doh:
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    wtf is wrong with these people....man i swear sumtimes companies amaze me...how do they forget the most important peice of info there is???
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    This happened with my brother's UT2k3. The ink in one of the printers was messed up, so the manual was all orange, and there was no cd-key printed on it.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited November 2003
    shwaip had this to say
    This happened with my brother's UT2k3. The ink in one of the printers was messed up, so the manual was all orange, and there was no cd-key printed on it.

Yeah I got one of the orange manuals for ut2k3, luckily my cd keywas in there though.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited November 2003
    I still say the only people cd keys inconvenience are legitimate buyers.... Well...pirates might have to go out and buy a new sharpie marker every 500-1000 cd keys they write on the burned cd's....