Unreal Tournament 2k4

edited March 2004 in Gaming
They just released the beta version of 2k4 today. I've had a crack at it and i think its a game im going to buy first thing. If you want to download it there are some links here http://forums.prounreal.com/viewtopic.php?t=46196
Have Fun!

Comments

• NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited February 2004
    Awsome!
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited February 2004
    What did you guys think? Seemed very much same old same old to me, noticed very little difference from UT2k3. Thanks for the link tho mate. :)
  • edited February 2004
    np. i agree its alot like the old one but im a UT fanatic so im happy with the new levels. and i hear in the FV version there are vehicles and some excellent new weapons i cant wait to try out
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited February 2004
    Originally posted by Turambar
    vehicles

Me love vehicles long time...
  • NeoFXNeoFX Utah, US of A
    edited February 2004
    lol... This one is much better, a few new guns, a bit better graphics/textures and VEHICLES! w00t. They are very well done and fun to play with.

"Onslaught" is fun as well as Assault...

It actually performs a bit better than UT2k3 and it even looks better :D These 56.55 beta drivers aren't bad either cept for in Far Cry :S
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    I wasn't a fan of the origonal UT, havn't played any since then. Downloaded the demo for the hell of it and actually really enjoyed it :o. Big fan of the vehicles (though it seems very haloish..or halo is very UTish whichever you'd like to say.)

-Aranyic
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited February 2004
    I've never played a UT game until now but I think it is pretty fun. The guns are unique from other games I play so it is a nice change. I definitly like the lightning gun for sniping. Havn't really tried the vehicles yet though.

Norge
  • NaVeriOuSNaVeriOuS Bradford, Oh
    edited February 2004
    Okay, I tried the game but I am just not into that sci-fi stuff. I like more of the realistic FPS like CS and BF
  • edited February 2004
    2004 is much more UT than 2003 which can only be a good thing.. I think its possibly a map thing though.. Balance and weapons arnt a million miles away from 2003.

Guess we will see when the game is released.
  • edited February 2004
    rapture wrote:
    2004 is much more UT than 2003 which can only be a good thing.. I think its possibly a map thing though.. Balance and weapons arnt a million miles away from 2003.

Guess we will see when the game is released.
    Yeah very true but i sure hope they come out with a better CTF map because it had been my favorite in the past but the map in the demo wasnt great at all :(
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited February 2004
    well its a demo, not a final verson, so hold your horses, im sure they have a ton more maps wiht the final verson
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    CTF is the best! onslaught is a quick second but for some reason CTF in the original UT is great!
  • edited February 2004
    CTF is the best! onslaught is a quick second but for some reason CTF in the original UT is great!
    yeah coret all the way!!! lol
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited March 2004
    For some reason I always liked the original UT. Guess what my favorite level was... Morpheus, the demo level! We used to play it at school so much during class. I then got UT2003 and highly disliked it, the graphics were WORSE, but that was on my poor old Crappy Comcrap, it runs wonderfully on my nice computer, YAY! I love the game btw, both of them, more than Quake 3, but I don't really play first person shooters much so I don't know exactly what I would like best.
  • edited March 2004
    yagga wrote:
    For some reason I always liked the original UT. Guess what my favorite level was... Morpheus, the demo level! We used to play it at school so much during class. I then got UT2003 and highly disliked it, the graphics were WORSE, but that was on my poor old Crappy Comcrap, it runs wonderfully on my nice computer, YAY! I love the game btw, both of them, more than Quake 3, but I don't really play first person shooters much so I don't know exactly what I would like best.
    lol really we used to play it too at school until i got the guys into coret it used to be so much fun kids causing fights because someone was talking smack lol. Alot of us failed that class cause we never did any work but it was fun all the same.
    Here are some pics of the UT2k4 CTF maps they seem to be alot better than the demo so i am looking forward to it even more now :Dhttp://www.e-forums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3347&page=2