NFSU Black load then Quit Errors -_-

edited March 2004 in Gaming
I know this has been commented on before, but it seems the usual solution is to get a new video card? I already know i meet that requirments of the game head on.

My NFSU is a copied game version which runs perfectly well on my cousins computer with crack installed, therefore there is no way that it could be because of the crack or copy itself that would conflict with the starting of the game.

I have installed it once before but the game basically ran for about half the day perfectly and then I quit. I tryed re-entering the game, where it would load for 2 seconds in a black screen (maybe more) then close down. I have recently formatted my comp and downloaded Microsoft updates, Updated Nvidia Drivers (havent tryed the omega ones, maybe theres the cause) and patched the game but i continue with black screen closedown.

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
WinXP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
HP Pavilon 1360a
2.8GHz 512 RAM

(I also read in the readme of the copy cd that D3D settings could provide an unstable game, maybe this could be something? besides, its not like i can choose to run on anything else in the 3dsetup.exe -_-)
Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Note: If i have missed anything important for stats tell me.

Comments