Sacred

kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
edited April 2004 in Gaming
Just picked up this game on the weekend. Gotta say I'm hooked.

It's kinda like Diablo in that it's a point and click issometric game. There are unique items, slotted items, potions, class specific items and monsters puke items out when you kill them. But that's about where the similarities end.

First the world is fixed but it's also populated with cities full of people that you can talk to just for the sake of talking to them. Plus your character walks around shouting things out that at times have made me laugh my ass off.

You kill things get exp level up improve stats, improve skills, learn combat techniques, can create your own combos. You can ride a horse which adds a new element to combat. It's just a lot of fun.

It's not Baldurs gate in depth or scope but I'm certainly enjoying this a lot more then Never Winter Nights.

Comments

• drowddrowd Texas
    edited March 2004
    i played the demo and really enjoyed it. the whole riding horses bit was very cool. so i went and picked it up, but now that i have it, i havent had a chance to play it :(
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    I am gonna have to go get it! My al time fav was Darkstone I almost beat it but could never find the seventh crystal
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2004
    I had the same problem with Darkstone also. Got so far then got stuck that was frustraiting to no end.

Sacred is better though so far.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited March 2004
    OMG!!1 darkstone fans!!! i loved that game, i thought it was so much better than diablo, but it just never caught on. i actually JUST installed it on my laptop (its a tad slow) yesterday to take with me to class in case the prof drones on. man, LOVE that game . . .

EDIT://We should see if we could set up a little impromptu game of darkstone sometime. it could be fun :D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    heck yea that would be great!
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited March 2004
    assuming i can pull myself away from lineage 2, i will set up a darkstone server tonite. i dont think it will require much bandwidth for just a few people . . .

:D:D:D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd
    digs through the pile of cds for my darkstone cd
    Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    digs through the pile of cds for my darkstone cd
  • edited April 2004
    drowd wrote:
    OMG!!1 darkstone fans!!! i loved that game, i thought it was so much better than diablo, but it just never caught on. i actually JUST installed it on my laptop (its a tad slow) yesterday to take with me to class in case the prof drones on. man, LOVE that game . . .

EDIT://We should see if we could set up a little impromptu game of darkstone sometime. it could be fun :D

Any chance do you know what ports are needed to be open to host a game?

Dan