anyone play DAoC?

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited April 2004 in Gaming
I have the cd and the trials of atlantic expansion and was about to install it but does anyone play that can meet up with me in the game and on what server? ( I am assuming its like evercrack which i had a lvl 39 rogue/dwarf before i quit)

Comments

• verselloversello New
    edited April 2004
    I used to play DAoC back in the old-sk00l days (when it was relatively new, without any expansion of some sort). It can be a lotta fun... the only thing I didn't like tho was the servers sometimes got too crowded.
  • NaVeriOuSNaVeriOuS Bradford, Oh
    edited April 2004
    What is DAoC?????
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited April 2004
    DAoC pwns all MMORPGs!

I have a level 50 Wizard on server Prydwen (european server - http://www.camelot-europe.com). :bringit:

I have DAoC and Shrouded Isles, but don't have the Trials of Atlantis. Though I am planning to buy ToA sooner or later and renew my account.

What makes me play DAoC is its Realm vs. Realm combat system - I love it.

Versello had a level 50 Paladin if I remember well - tho on a US server.
  • edited April 2004
    best realm vs realm game is civilization although it is very addictive and a waste of time :|. i played it for 3 hours last saturday
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited April 2004
    Realm vs Realm game? I've never heard of that.

RvR is just a different name for PvP (Player vs Player). In DAoC, what they mean by RvR is because its so huge, at times there can be 300 player vs 300 player fights! Trust me you need a good machine to be able to sustain a decent frame rate. Huge fights, where you can use catapults, attack and capture castles. DAoC PWNS!

But today I'm planning to renew for Anarchy Online because they just mailed me with a promotion and I can choose to play for 30 days for $5 instead of $15, and I can even upgrade to Shadowlands ( I have AO and Notum Wars expansio) for $15 and get a bonus of 30 days :)
    Before that I'd have to pay $30 to buy Shadowlands off anarcy online website, or order it from amazon for $10. plus pay for 30 days game time. hehe downloading AO now bwahaha