Hey whats everyone think of Zalman's reserator?

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited May 2008 in Hardware
Here is the link, click in products and it should be one of the first listed.
http://www.zalmanusa.com/

So, what do you think, do you think it can keep up? It looks HUGE being that much taller than the computer case with 4 optical drive bays. It seems like a good idea to me, but I would not care for the pump thats inside. I wonder... could, well first of all check the price (DUH, still havn't yet), then second I could have one of these and one radiator with no fans, I would have the radiator positioned outside the case hoizontally so air flows up, would this be a waste?

Comments

• Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited April 2004
    If you want the best watercooling, you want to get a Black Ice Extreme 2, or BIE 1 along with a good 120mm fan.
    If you want a high quality very quiet cooling solution, get the Zalman Reserator. There's a review of it somewhere on the net, just search for it.

Yagga I just suggest, you buy a rad, a waterblock, a pump and just start watercooling! Once you have the basic parts you can buy more parts, and upgrade, improve, modify.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Whew, hardcore. :bringit:

Does look cool though! :cool:
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited April 2004
    This might be where a basement freezer chest (one thats huge) would come in handy, just run an extremely long tube into the storage or laundry room and back, hey even the pumps could sit over beyond the wall then, NO NOISE, except for that loud "silent" PSU!!!
  • edited April 2004
    yagga,

3 Mach II's would be cheaper than a pump needed for that project. Infact, you would probably need a compressor driven pump for that.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited April 2004
    maybe, maybe not, probably not, but I was just suggesting it and won't be fullfilling it.
  • edited May 2008
    I think reserator is great, just installed one few weeks ago and its all quiet and nice in my room. The only problem is.

I got the reserator 1 V2 that comes with plastic CPU block (meant to look cool) but i forgot to turn it on once and temperature went to 100c, after what the CPU block melted, its still works for me now, but the pipes are extremely loose and they all pointing south :P.

secondly, now that i cant hear all this fans and fins wobbling around i start to hear this high pitch noice (don't know from what) and its just really annoying.

The pump is not a problem, its 300l/h and its silent, the better pump wont really do any difference as the rate of hit exchange Reserator can handle has its limits.

Well at the end if you are going for reserator2 or higher than np, the reserator 1v2 has crap CPU block :P
  • edited May 2008
    yagga, personally I would go with one of the Swiftech kits that Sidewinder Computers sells over a reserator and you don't want to custom build a cooling system. The reserator is ok for normal cooling duties but it's not great for high overclocking endeavors. As far as the reserator 2 goes, I have no idea how well it works. But Swiftech makes some excellent water cooling parts and the Apogee GTX is one of the best waterblocks on the market.

I'm presently getting all my things together to watercool my QX machine, but this is also going to involve a case upgrade too, which will make it a bit pricey for me. I'm planning to upgrade to a U2-UFO or U2-Ascension case for my watercooling setup and they don't give those cases away.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Thread is 4 years old.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    Thread is 4 years old.

You're 4 years old.

OOOOOO BURRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNN kekekekeekekekeekekekeeke
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited May 2008
    Wow talk about a super friggin' necropost. This thing is just a skeleton.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Don't knock it till you've tried it.... Wait... What?