Watercooling X800

edited July 2004 in Hardware
I would like to water cool my X800, but what type of COOLER BLOCK do i NEED?!?!?! :loco:

Comments

• NeoFXNeoFX Utah, US of A
    edited June 2004
    Since they're new... You'll probably have to wait till some water blocks for the X800 series start poping up.
  • edited June 2004
    doesn't the cooling on the X800 seem the same as the 9800?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    it all depends on the hole spacing and stuff. Id check around but i need sleep and will check later on after i get sleep
  • edited June 2004
    HackingGuru,

They use the same as the 9X00 series. Don't worry.
    If i where to recommend a block, i would choose Swiftechs gpu blocks with the 1/2 inch inserts. Awesome block.
  • edited June 2004
    Thanks guys, here is my Water Cooling Setup:

Hydor L30 320GPH Pump
    WaterChill Resevoir
    Tygon Anti-Kink 3/8" ID Tubing
    Swiftech MCW6000-64 Water Block - Athlon64 & Opteron
    PolarFLO Super Finish 3/8" ID Universal VGA/Chipset Water Block
    Black Ice Xtreme 2 High Peformance Radiator (Dual 120MM) (Xtreme performance: rated for 1580KCal per hour (6270 BTU per hour))
    Dual Silverstone Premium 120 mm Case Fan (54 CFM each)
    Noise Isolator AC Relay Switch

What do you guys think? hehe
  • edited June 2004
    waitin for a reply ;) haha before i order it
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited June 2004
    waitin for a reply ;) haha before i order it
    That is a killer setup! Especially the Black Ice Extreme 2, you are gonna have loooow temperatures.

You only have to attach the Hydor L30 pump very well to the case (with some kind of anti-vibration material, rubber, etc) - it vibrates a lot.
  • edited June 2004
    Thank you for the note, I will be ordering soon, total price with case $600 haha mah hahahhahahha, give me a week and half and i'll post pix :) Also, I plan to overclock this BABAY... any tips I should get? I will be getting the X800 and the FX-53 with Corsair PC3500 ECC CAS 2 mem. Also I wanted to ask, will this thing Leak, just is it common for it to LEAK? Also, I will be shipping this to a friend with it filled. It should be fine right?
  • edited June 2004
    Absolutely no. If you build it right, you will never have leaks. But, do not ship that rig filled, dont even ship it with the rig built either.
  • edited June 2004
    Are you sure? People have had water in them and they can be shipped fine, Crazy PC says they done it many times. I will be bolting down the Radiator, Resovior, Pump, Etc. Are you sure this thing will leak during shipment?????? How?
  • edited June 2004
    This site is so dead man :( damn
  • edited June 2004
    The site isn't dead, peeps have other things to do sometimes. If anyone recommending shipping a assemlbied watercooling pc, i wanna see that company that wants to insure that shipping. You shouldn't even ship an assemblied aircooled tower. I always separate the, mainboard, vga, cpu, harddives and cooling.
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited July 2004
    Soo much fun assembling computers, parts, watercooling. I'd pay people just to be assembling fresh computer parts.

<font size="1">Does that mean I'm a nerd? </font>
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    NEVER ship a pc complete. serperate!!