time is off its like you back in time

edited July 2007 in Hardware
my buddy time is off its like you back in time but re-boot puts the right time back strange!!

So how does re-boot fix this problem and I thought the system clock is in the cmos chip .Playing with clock not good thing as may be config problem may stop from booting into Windows ..

What all does the clock do other than date and time .I thought the software is in cmos chip.

Also how does the two times differ or the two clocks

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    did he change it in the bios?
  • edited June 2004
    fire_mat99 wrote:
    my buddy time is off its like you back in time but re-boot puts the right time back strange!!

So how does re-boot fix this problem and I thought the system clock is in the cmos chip .Playing with clock not good thing as may be config problem may stop from booting into Windows ..

What all does the clock do other than date and time .I thought the software is in cmos chip.

sunofwolf? Is that you? :p
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    sunofwolf? here at Icrontic?
  • edited June 2004
    Who is sunofwolf and no he did not change any bios or clock settings
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    tell him to change it in the bios
  • edited June 2004
    fire_mat99 wrote:
    Who is sunofwolf and no he did not change any bios or clock settings

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=325672
    sunofwolf wrote:
    I going to test them now tonight using my second computer which has a light alu case, my main computer is loaded and has a steel jap case Sonata weighs like 65lbs. both may not be bad? My cat has flea and I been spreading power around trying to get rid of flea :bang: I got a electric scooter X7 coming $63- slickdeals has the deal-get them before they sell out again :p
  • edited June 2004
    So is someone going to reply

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    You're rather confusing, man.
  • edited June 2004
    Okay that take one at time !!

So how does re-boot fix this problem and I thought the system clock is in the cmos chip.

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2004
    Ok in a normal system. Your cmos/bios sets the time for your computer, so if you change it in your bios it'll be changed for your OS and vice versa, they are the same clock.

Most likely though your friend has some sort of internet clock program maybe with a weather pop up or something that is going out to the internet retrieving the time from something and syncing it to that. One of them is messed up and not working right.
  • edited July 2007
    hi, 2004!
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited July 2007
    Cmos battery may be weak.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    why... oh god why!!!!!
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2007
    WTF why is this thread back. I almost had a heart attack when I saw fire_mat99.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited July 2007
    Wow, I didn't notice how OLD this was..Talk about Necropost GOLD.
This discussion has been closed.