adding voltage adjustments

edited July 2004 in Hardware
Hi guys,

So here's the deal - I have an nForce2 Shuttle MN31N microATX board. The BIOS is a nice Award 6.0 with PnP setup, but it doesn't have any voltage adjustments, CPU multi selection, or a PCI bus speed selection (lock). Because it's an NF2, it should be able to support all of these features, but for whatever reason Shuttle didn't include them. Pin mods work to adjust voltage/multi, but they are a pain to use for tweaking, and a BIOS solution would be much more elegant. So... I am trying to edit the BIOS to include these missing features. Here is the original BIOS from Shuttle. Keep in mind that, while I've done some homework about modding BIOSes, this is my first attempt at actually doing it (in other words, me = newb). A couple of quick questions:

1)Would it be as simple as finding a Shuttle BIOS with a voltage adjustment module (such as the BIOS for the Shuttle XPC) and adding that into the MN31/N BIOS? Would it matter that the XPC has the NF2 Ultra chipset and the MN31/N has the NF2 non-Ultra?

2)Is there a way to tell if the PCI bus is already locked? It's an NF2 board, so it should be possible, but I haven't figured out yet how to check.

Any and all help is appreciated - thanks!

-SEAL