Raid dissappeared on my Asus P4C E-Deluxe

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited July 2004 in Hardware
I decided to give flashing the motherboard a whirl because I never flashed it and it was the original bios. So now I have 1.016 or 1.16 or 1016 (why do they show it differently in different places?). This was several updates from the original so I thought they would have fixed anything that needed fixing. Because of this, and because I didn't know how to back up the old bios I don't know how to recover the original bios. Now, though, I can't get the "build raid" or "detecting raid" screens when I boot the computer. I will confess that I have not tried the raid for a good 6 months atleast because I didn't have matching drives and didn't like that extra "detecting" screen. So I don't know if it is the flash or if its something else. I know that I used to just reset the bios to defaults and the screen would come back, but that doesn't even work. The items in the advanced menu also don't help.

So, does anyone know what this is? And does anyone know what I should have done to back up the original bios, and/or how I can get it now? As I recall the Asus website doesn't have the original available, although I don't know why they wouldn't.

Comments