64 bit

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
i have a sneaky feeling that 64 bit cpus fold twice as fast, zuntar is speeding ahead too quickly!!!

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    they go fast alright!~
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited July 2004
    like how fast have you got per step? The fastest I ever got was about 3-4 minutes each step, usually around 7-8 minutes on the 100 steppers though. They hardly ever give me the long ones anymore so I am not sure about those, but they vary drastically, sometimes taking 30 minutes per step, usually not though.

...I can't wait till I get an AMD 64! The only problem is I am not plannin on one for atleast a year and until atleast all this new stuff (like pci express, new chipsets, whatever) start to become widespread and optimized.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    welp I am looking at 3 min a frame plus I will have a A64 mobo and cpu for sale in hte next 2 weeks
  • NeoFXNeoFX Utah, US of A
    edited July 2004
    No contending my P4 HT :P lol. Yeah those 64s seem to be passing me up.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Well, I realized a long time ago, that there is no optimum time to upgrade. You will ALWAYS have second rate technology in 9 to 12 months. The price will also be far less at that point too, so just be "happy" and get what you need/want when you need/want it. If now isn't the time you that you have money don't sweat it.
    The technology changes SOOOOO fast, it's not worth the effort to get "the latest" technology, unless you have the wallet for it! For me, it was two years since I last upgraded, sooo I was ready. :thumbsup:

The 64 does kick some serious Ars though! :D
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited July 2004
    agreed, but its too fast for me to upgrade already, and i would REALLY like some of the new things coming out that aren't quite widespread yet, so i will be waiting, wow, i can't believe my computer is almost a year old! Where are those 6ghz cpus? 3's were out a year ago.