FN Key remap

edited July 2004 in Hardware
Alright well i bought this new mouse/keyboard combo from Gyration that is wireless for 30 ft. I got it because i wanted to play games on my bigscreen which i now can. But my problem is there is an Fn key where the Ctrl key should be. And the ctrl key is moved to the right of the fn key. now to any gamer you know that after playing for a couple years, your hand is even in the wsad , ctr, space bar placement even when your not playing a game. So with this problem it throws off my coordination totally. Now could anyone help me with this... i have a pc and i dont think ucontrol works on a pc, if it does can someone help me on how to run it? Thanks!

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Change the settings for the key in the game settings and use the fn key.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2004
    Generally you can't use the Fn key as it is normally a key to allow special access on to other keys. Normally they are on laptops.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Thnx kryyst, I was wondering about that. Never heard of it before. I guess because I 've never owned a lappy.) I thought fn meant (for newbies). lol
  • edited July 2004
    Well i cant switch it in game, tried that ;). I know that the program UControl (google it) works but i domt lmow how to run it. Any help there?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2004
    Not familliar with the program never tried it. But install it play around with it and see what you can get it to do. Seriously though I don't think you'll be able to map the Fn key into a 'normal' key because it works more in line with how the cap lock, or num lock buttons work. You hit/hold down the Fn key then another button to access some other feature. It's not being processed by the computer it's actually processing on they keyboard and often doesn't send a signal to the computer so therefore most programs don't even know it exists.