YMD Has a problem..

Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
edited July 2004 in Hardware
My CPU Fan, Kingwin somethin' or another, Advertised to cool a 3000+, spins an average 3800RPM, and spikes up at 7000-9000, I need to know how to make it run at full speed, Asus A78X-X, Amd athalon xp 2100 Polomino, 786 PC2100...I don't have the money for a fan controller, so I was wondering about any software that would speed it up..

EDIT:\\I modified an old heatsink fan with an extended cable to assist in the cooling, I still need a box fan to keep it under 50C. The assisting fan runs at 4500 average.

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    those palis run very hot to begin with. i think you're better ff spending the money on a cheap tbred instead of spending any money trying to speed up your fan
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited July 2004
    Polomino cores run cooler on average against tb's. I got lied to about the core, It was suppost to be a tb, but it's a polomino, but I don't care. I spent like 50 bucks on it, and it's unlocked. I don't want a tip, I want an answer. (No offence.) I'm not tryin to be mean or anything, but if I ask a question, I want an answer to that, I'm crazy like that. Sorry if I seem rude/mean, I am in real life. I'm just lookin for a way to speed up my cpu fan, but my little OmegaForte's injinuity has lowered the temp a bit. I stay at 46F with my box fan on low. I am not worried about noise, I play firearms. I was hoping it would be loud, so I could turn my metallica up. No one complains anyway.
  • edited July 2004
    YMD,
    Both Kanez and myself have gone through a lot of cpu's the last few years and he is right, it runs hot. The second edition of the tbred's is running much cooler, but the Barton is running the coolest of them all. A Barton 2500+ only costs $50 today tops.
    Here's an answer for your question though, you can feed the fan with 12V directly from a molex, and the fan won't spin down. If you have a casefan connected to a molex, wire the cpu fan exactly the same, that's 12V.

Drop the attitude, Kanez DID try to help you, not giving you a tip.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    ah, i would look around for a thermalright heatsink.

it doesnt have to be a SLK900 series... AX7 will pwn any thermaltake out there or any other HSF.
    edited July 2004
    Mackanz wrote:
    YMD,
    Both Kanez and myself have gone through a lot of cpu's the last few years and he is right, it runs hot. The second edition of the tbred's is running much cooler, but the Barton is running the coolest of them all. A Barton 2500+ only costs $50 today tops.
    Here's an answer for your question though, you can feed the fan with 12V directly from a molex, and the fan won't spin down. If you have a casefan connected to a molex, wire the cpu fan exactly the same, that's 12V.

Drop the attitude, Kanez DID try to help you, not giving you a tip.
    Thanks man, if I had the money to get a barton, I would. I spent all of my sales money on my new machine, and intend to sell it for a good grade higher than I paied.(Supply, and demand.) And I Appreciate your knowlage, and I will seek yours, and his at a later date..(Retarded question, what's a molex..)
  • edited July 2004
    A molex is the plastic connector that you put into the harddrive so that it gets power.
    There are 4 colored wires in those, 2 are black which means ground and the other provides the actual voltage. If you look at a casefan, you will see that it's connected with one black and one other color.
  • kanezfankanezfan
    hugs mac
    sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    hugs mac
    edited July 2004
    Mackanz wrote:
    A molex is the plastic connector that you put into the harddrive so that it gets power.
    There are 4 colored wires in those, 2 are black which means ground and the other provides the actual voltage. If you look at a casefan, you will see that it's connected with one black and one other color.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I just happend to have two of thoes modded molex'es with the case fan thing..That the case fans don't do a damn thing since I have a modded case..Thanks fellas, I'll get my mate to mod them to work.
    edited July 2004
    Woo...Took me three tries, on two diffren molexes. But I got it, and didn't kill this power supply. Thanks for all your help.