Trying to modify BIOS with Modbin

edited July 2004 in Hardware
I have an ECS KT600-A motherboard and I've been trying to modify the bios to display the CPU and memory voltage adjustments.

They show as hidden in Modbin and I changed them to Display but when I flash the BIOS they don't show. Other changes that I made show, so I'm flashing the correct bios and it is taking some changes from Modbin. But I can't seem to get them to show the voltage adjustments.

Is there anything else I need to do? I'm new at this and just want it to see if it's possible to do it.

Comments

• edited July 2004
    randalla wrote:
    I have an ECS KT600-A motherboard and I've been trying to modify the bios to display the CPU and memory voltage adjustments.

They show as hidden in Modbin and I changed them to Display but when I flash the BIOS they don't show. Other changes that I made show, so I'm flashing the correct bios and it is taking some changes from Modbin. But I can't seem to get them to show the voltage adjustments.

Is there anything else I need to do? I'm new at this and just want it to see if it's possible to do it.

I have noticed on some of the new bios's from different manufacturers that they are changing the code so it won't allow some hidden options to show up even though you have enabled them in Modbin.

I haven't found the solution to making those selections available yet.

Tmod
  • edited July 2004
    Thanks for the reply. I've been going nuts over this.

I think you are right the manufacturers are doing something so the new bios will not display the hidden features.

Thanks again.