Fortron Source PSU

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Hardware
Just wanted let anyone who cares know that I am VeRy happy with the Fortron Source 530W PSU that was recommended quite enthusiastically by Mackanz. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

First thing out of the box I could tell it was a quality PSU, the case has a nice finish to it, the fans are clear with nice gold fan guards on them. The main power connection was sleeved & the Molex connectors are blue with "squeeze and pull tabs to help removal (sweetness).:)

There are two 80mm fans one in the front and one out the back both are very quiet. Most importantly though is that the voltage rails are rock solid, especially compared to my Antec true power PSU. :bowdown:

Another nice feature is that there are no "void warranty" stickers to prevent you from poppin the case open if you want to sleeve the rest of it or to change a fan out (say it you wanted an led fan in there). There are also pots all lined up and easily accessed that I think might allow you to tweak the voltage rails in case you wanted a little extra juice on whatever rail your modding.

Basicaly this PSU screams quality and value. :thumbsup:

Comments

• edited July 2004
    I had a Forton 400Watt that died on me for no reason. It's not that old, but I'm to lazzy to find the warranty info. When mine did work I thought it worked really well. Quet and Inexpensive!

Love my new PC Power & Cooling 510 Deluxe (Complete Overkill, but I love it.)
  • edited July 2004
    I am posting which pots need adjustment if your rail voltages are above or below what you want. This is on a Fortron 530 watt unit.

The dials are extremely sensitive so be careful.

I first set the voltages a little low with my PSU tester and then hooked it up to the motherboard and with the PSU open I took my multimeter and adjusted the voltages while measuring at the ATX plug.

If I told you it only takes a nats a*s to adjust it I wouldn't be stretching the truth.

The 12/5 volt rails are the same pot so when you adjust it both voltages will change.

Here are my settings after adjusting: 12v=12.00, 5v=5.13, 3.3v=3.30

BE CAREFUL!

I would suggest using a NON-metallic screwdriver for these adjustments!!

Fortron530.jpg
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Very sweet TMOD, THANKS!! :cool: