Hardware crystal

edited August 2004 in Hardware
Hi all I have Hardware question crystal or crystals how do they work.

question 2 If electricity flowing throug a crystal or gas or vacum
tub what will happen

question 3 Some thing that manipulate flow of electrons or controls
electronics

And how will work vc CPU clock speed

Comments

• avansantavansant New Jersey
    edited July 2004
    Your basically asking a bunch of questions that someone goes to school for electrical engineering for. But just to start you off I am assuming you are talking about LCD aka Liquid Crystal Display...

Taken From Wikipedia.com :
    "A liquid crystal display is a thin, lightweight display device with no moving parts. It consists of an electrically-controlled light-polarising liquid trapped in cells between two transparent polarising sheets. The polarising axes of the two sheets are aligned perpendicular to each other. Each cell is supplied with electrical contacts that allow an electric field to be applied to the liquid inside."

Basically, the liquid crystal is simply something that is pretty good at conducting electricity and something that emits light when it does conduct it.

Your second question... I don't know what you mean, what will happen.

Thirdly, there are alot of basic principles to electronics. Basically you first need to understand that something is either on or off, atleast in the computing world. This is referred to as a digital signal. It is commonly symbolised with a 1 or a 0. Now, there are alot of things that you can do to manipulate electricity, and I am not well read enough to explain any of them except for maybe basic stuff about resistors, transistors, and capacitors. HOWEVER... a good source if your still interested in this kind of stuff is:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Electronics <- they might have it in different languages which can help you if you aren't a natively english speaker.

Good luck with the electronics, ill never touch that crap.
    :thumbsup:
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2004
    He may also be talking about those Red Crystals that they've been dabling with as a storage medium. It's a solid state crystal that somehow uses different shades of red to store information.
  • edited July 2004
    What I want know is Quartz Crystal the Quartz crystals that regular use for many years to give an accurate frequency for all radio transmitters, radio receivers and computers.

I want know this works and what is Piezoelectric effect
  • edited July 2004
    Here is what I have ............

Oscillators are found in computers, metal detectors, stun guns, transmitters for am/fm radio.For something to oscillate, energy needs to move back and forth between two forms. I.e. a swinging of back and forth between two forms. i.e a swinging of a pendulum. It will lose energy due to friction. To maintain the back and forth motion a little bit of energy is needed to push the pendulum. ie. a spring in a watch. You can create an oscillator by connecting a capacitor and inductor together.

Quartz Crystal the Quartz crystals that regular use for many years to give an accurate frequency for all radio transmitters, radio receivers and computers.

Q. question If electricity flowing throug a crystal or gas what will happen
    A. When electricity passes through a crystal it will pulse.
    A. When electricity passes through a gas it *may* generate light at a
    specific spectrum, such as in a mercury fluorescent light bulb (tube)
    which generates invisible UV light

Qquestion Some thing that manipulate flow of electrons or controls
    electronics
    components manipulate electricity such as: resistors,
    capacitors, mosfets, transistors, transformers, diodes, switches, etc.

Question If electricity flowing throug vacum tub what will happen
    nothing

And how will work vc CPU clock speed
    Clock speed is only relative to when electricity flows through
    crystals. Different types and sizes generate different frequencies of
    pulsing
  • edited August 2004
    I swear if I read one more post by this guy asking us to answer his homework questions and write his papers I'm gonna shoot myself.. This article has so much merit !

idiotscankill.jpg
  • edited August 2004
    Yap when people DO NOT know the answer to question they get like this . STOP posting this messge I'm NOT interested .They think they know every thing about PC than there question and oops