Vid card blues......& greens & pinks &

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Hardware
WTF.

My screen colors turn to inverse colors all by itself! (red turns to green, blue turns to yellow, green turns to pink, etc.) :loco:

I have a BFG 5900XT OC. The AGP bus is NOT overclocked my AGP lock is set at a comfy 67Mhz. The rest of the system, CPU and mem, are OC about 12%. I first noticed my issue awhile ago when I played with a setting, it was color or gamma correction something like that. A couple of minutes later I went to play UT2K3 and it did this "inverse thing", so I changed it back and had to reboot to correct it.

I went to do some benches last night and it started wiggin on me again. At first I ran 3dmark2001se and all was good (except the score), so I tweaked some system setting and reran the tests a couple of times. Then tried to OC the card a little more and it would not accept ANY overclock (other then what the manufacturer already OC) and it Inverted the colors. Rebooted, and bumped the system OC down a little, FSB and mem vdimm/timings (not that they were really high, but whatever) just to make sure that was not a problem. First thing after reboot tried to run 3dmark2001se again and it inverted the colors again, WTF? downloaded the latest Nvidia driver and tried it.....nothing...still inverts. :fu: Accidentally clicked on Aquamark, it started, & the colors were correct. W T F!! back out to the desk top all is well, tried 3dmark and BAM back to the drawing board.

The ONLY other thing that sticks in my mind that might be related is that once I was poking around unplugging a system fan (while it was on, bad me) and apparently knocked the PSU connection to the vid card loose, cuz a window popped up and said somthing like " nvidia power bla bla lost or disconnected bla bla can't run properly bla bla bla".

SOOOOO, what do ya think? bad card? bad drivers?

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Still have the issue, but since you are ALL a bunch of slackers,:p I'll figure it out myself. I hopfully will be able to try a bunch of different options tonight. ;)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    RMA time