Pixel Shaders

avansantavansant New Jersey
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Sure we all know what pushes pixels... clock speeds, ram and what not... But do you know what its pushing? TEHE! Probably not, as only game designers and what not mess with this kinda stuff... Either way, I read this article a while back and thought it was pretty interesting. It requires some basic math to understand, but thats all.

What are these Pixel Shaders of which you speak?

If you're wondering why I would read such an article, it is because me and a couple other guys who are savvy with computers / programming etc. decided to write a mod for HL2 (if the damn thing is ever released). I was just re-reading some stuff today because we are doing a small mod for Doom3 as a warm up. Anyway, check it out.

Comments

• drowddrowd Texas
    edited August 2004
    huh, thats very interesting. i love reading articles like that cuz they always let you know whats happening and where things are going. and, we would sure love to see that mod you guys are doing. we are the, um, official icrontic beta test team!!1
  • avansantavansant New Jersey
    edited August 2004
    we'd definatly enjoy a good base of beta testers to work with. I'll run it by the other core members and see if they are down, if they are we will probably distribute it via ftp, and a copy of doom3 would obviously be required. :)
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Sounds SWEEEET!1