white screen but sound on doom 3

edited August 2004 in Hardware
ok i got doom 3 today....their site says a gforce 4200 agp8x can handle it......i have 512 ram and a 1.4 gig amd processor.whenever i start the game i get all white with sound with a blue bar at the bottom (im assuming its the loading bar....and then it goes to title screen and i see all white.....same happens when i start the game.......can someone help guide me through this problem?

Comments

• verselloversello New
    edited August 2004
    Do you have the latest nvidia drivers?
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited August 2004
    yeah, that almost definitely sounds like a video card driver problem. so try getting the latest nvidia drivers and let us know what happens . . .
  • edited August 2004
    yeh i do actually....i downloaded them earlier and i still does it.....
  • edited August 2004
    doom3 came with directx9b....i was using direct x 9 previous to that.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited August 2004
    hmm, try getting the directx 9.0c. it just came out right as doom 3 did. also, which version of forceware drivers do you have for your gfx card?
  • edited August 2004
    what is forceware (i dont mean to sound lost but....i am) is it included in the drivers update......if not what and where should i get them?
  • edited August 2004
    well its forceware60
  • verselloversello New
    edited August 2004
    Forceware is the new name for nvidia's set of drivers...they used to be called "Detonator."
  • edited August 2004
    man....i really didnt want to have to go buy a new vid card.....i dont get it....supposedly a 4200 can handle it.............
  • edited August 2004
    a 4200 can handle it. It definately sounds like a driver or Direct X problem. Actually I'm probably 99% sure of it. Even if your computer wasn't up to par, you should still be able to see the game, albeit you'd be playing at 1fps.

I seriously suggest you try downloading the newest drivers again from NVIDIA's site. Uninstall your old ones completely. Reboot, Install new drivers. Reboot. Install Direct X again off Doom 3 CD.
  • edited August 2004
    ok ill try it as soon as i get home tommorrow ill keep you posted
  • edited August 2004
    o yeh it works now after uninstalling and reinstalling everything!!!!! thanks!!! its a little choppy sometimes but it runs great!!!im so happy!!!! =)
    the gateway to hell is open!!!