NF7-S and Keyboard problem

Cyber13Cyber13 Virginia
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Post screen comes up ( press delete to enter setup) but no response from ps/2 keyboard. Can't get into bios to check anything. Tried resetting cmos three times with power cord unpluged but still no go. Tried another keyboard, no go. No adapter on keyboard ps/2 plug. The board is set up outside case with 1 HD, 1 Vid card, 1 3.5 floppy drive and 1 stick of ram.
Help please.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2004
    Not to be insulting but are you sure you have the keyboard in the keyboard jack and not in the mouse jack? I've done it before by accident or just because the ports where labled poorly (and not coloured). If you have the means you could also try a USB keyboard.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited August 2004
    i just experienced this same problem not too long ago. and strangely enough (thanks to septimus for helping me figure this out) i had an old ide cable that was plugged in and it could detect that it was ata66 (i think) and even with nothing plugged in on the other side. it just flipped and didnt give me any error or anything. my symptoms were that i got that "engineered by abit" screen. when i hit del for bios, nothing happened (locked), and if i hit tab fast enough, i could get to ram count, but right after it identified the speed of my ram (ie. ddr2700, ddr3200), it would just sit there or lock. this may not be your problem specifically, but i thought i would point it out, cuz i thought it was a bit of a weird incompatibility. so dont just unpower or unplug your drives, make sure they are out of the motherboard. in addition, on the broader scope, this sounds like some sort of hardware incompatibility issue. this seems to be the reaction it takes if there is something that isnt right. so, try swapping out hardware with anything else you might have, a spare vid card, extra ram, etc. good luck and let us know!!!
  • Cyber13Cyber13 Virginia
    edited August 2004
    I think it might be my ram. Whats some good 512mb ram I can test with and later add a stick to make it dual channel, around the cas 2 area