Video driver question & D3 ATI 9800

HalOfBorgHalOfBorg West Virginia
edited August 2004 in Hardware
HOW do I tell what version video card drivers I have installed?

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro 128 on WinXP Home.

My son bought Doom3 - and it crashes and locks up. I upgraded DX from 9.0b to 9.0c - no help. I DLd ATIs v4.7 - installed those but how do I be SURE they installed - I installed new HighPoint drivers for YEARS on my Abit KT7-RAID - and they NEVER really installed under XP until I recently discovered it.

These are the 'Driver Details" from Control Panel AFTER uninstalling the ATI drivers and running the 4.7 installer.

drivers1.jpg

drivers2.jpg

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    many many people have been having problems running doom 3 because of the type of copy protection they used. i suggest you download the no cd crack from gamecopyworld.com and try using it. i know it works because i recommended that to someone here and it worked.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    are you using clone cd?
  • HalOfBorgHalOfBorg West Virginia
    edited August 2004
    No - a REAL, LEGITIMATE CD bought from local retailer.
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited August 2004
    I think Gnome, means the program Clone CD, not whether or not you you have a pirated copy, which you don't. Either way I'd suggest you also install the beta Ati drivers which were released especially cos of instability with Doom 3.
  • HalOfBorgHalOfBorg West Virginia
    edited August 2004
    Jimborae wrote:
    Either way I'd suggest you also install the beta Ati drivers which were released especially cos of instability with Doom 3.

Instability?? I was under the impression that they were released to improve performance.

And NO I do not have CloneCD installed at the moment. An older version of ALCOHOL 120%. I did not have a virtual drive in use at the time.
  • edited August 2004
    http://www.driverheaven.net/downloads/index4.htm

maybe try these drivers which are the omega & a lot of ppl recommend them as they have a new one out which is optimised for doom 3 ;)