Printing photo & CD/DVD?

wrx_225wrx_225 USA
edited August 2004 in Hardware
I am looking a new inkjet printer that can do lot of color photo and can print on CD/DVD. Is Epson the only mfg to make cheap printer that can do both?
I am looking into R200 that is under $100 and can do both. Is canon making such printer, too? I have heard canon can save big on ink and quality and speed is excellent, is that true? May anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you :thumbsup:

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2004
    Are you actually looking for a printer that'll print right on a cd/dvd or are you thinking just the labels that you then stick on a cd/dvd? Most printers from any maker today will print on any types of paper. I have a lexmark z42 and it does fine. Just pick a price range and any printer in that range will be pretty much the same from the core makers.

Epson, Lexmark, HP, Canon.
  • wrx_225wrx_225 USA
    edited August 2004
    kryyst wrote:
    Are you actually looking for a printer that'll print right on a cd/dvd or are you thinking just the labels that you then stick on a cd/dvd? Most printers from any maker today will print on any types of paper. I have a lexmark z42 and it does fine. Just pick a price range and any printer in that range will be pretty much the same from the core makers.

Epson, Lexmark, HP, Canon.

Thanks Kryyst, yes I am acturally looking for something cheap that can print right on CD/DVD. Right now I ocan only find Epson R200 that can do that, and of cause photo/paper, etc. I wonder if there is any other maker made something like Epson did. :loco:
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2004
    That's cool, I didn't know they had those things prices aren't to bad either. Though you have to buy special cd/dvd's to print onto which may be annoying.

Epson's are good printers though so I wouldn't worry to much about it. You should be able to get that one for around $99us.