Invalid Sync!!!

HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Ok, Peeps, PC's been down for a week now. I'm on wifeys pc. Didn't realize how much I've gotten used to my own setup! Anyway, Here's my problem--
All of a sudden last week- my monitor ( Hitachi Superscan Elite) just starts shutting down after a couple of mins running and says Invalid Sync. The only way to turn it off, was to hard power down, (hold the main power button down till it shuts off) with no video. Sometimes, When I would start it back up, the monitor would come on no problem, but in a couple of mins-- it would blink off and say Invalid Sync again.
Changed video card from Radeon 9700 Pro to Radeon 9000 Pro. Still blank screen. Hooked up brand new 17" StarLogic monitor. same thing --no picture.
Cleared CMOS and tried getting to the bios-- no go.
Video card is the only card in the machine. Everything else is onboard MB.
Here's the setup
Asus A7N8X Deluxe 333 FSB NVidia nForce2 chipset
AMD XP 2800
Twin Western Digital Raptors 36GB 10,000RPM SATA HD's
OCZ PC 3200 ultra--1 Gig
Radeon 9700 Pro
Hitachi 751 SuperScan Elite- Monitor
And now, It won't even boot up for a few mins. Just says Invalid Sync as HD's start loading.
I'm thinking the VGA slot has gone bad on the MB.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Trying to get this pc back up-- because I have billing files for my business on it. So, I'm kinda stuck for changing out the MB, because I'd have to wipe the HD. I've got an Asus A7N8X Deluxe 400 FSB Via chipset. Maybe, I'll set the Via chipset up in another box and test the cards in that. Have to get a few parts together for that, but it's possible.
Anyway, If anybodys got any ideas, bring em on, I'm open to trying anything. Except matches and lighter fluid. For now anyway.

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I think the agp slot is going. If you need any parts lemme know i might have some. Plus I got your Case sitting here!
  • edited August 2004
    Hawk wrote:
    Ok, Peeps, PC's been down for a week now. I'm on wifeys pc. Didn't realize how much I've gotten used to my own setup! Anyway, Here's my problem--
    All of a sudden last week- my monitor ( Hitachi Superscan Elite) just starts shutting down after a couple of mins running and says Invalid Sync. The only way to turn it off, was to hard power down, (hold the main power button down till it shuts off) with no video. Sometimes, When I would start it back up, the monitor would come on no problem, but in a couple of mins-- it would blink off and say Invalid Sync again.
    Changed video card from Radeon 9700 Pro to Radeon 9000 Pro. Still blank screen. Hooked up brand new 17" StarLogic monitor. same thing --no picture.
    Cleared CMOS and tried getting to the bios-- no go.
    Video card is the only card in the machine. Everything else is onboard MB.
    Here's the setup
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe 333 FSB NVidia nForce2 chipset
    AMD XP 2800
    Twin Western Digital Raptors 36GB 10,000RPM SATA HD's
    OCZ PC 3200 ultra--1 Gig
    Radeon 9700 Pro
    Hitachi 751 SuperScan Elite- Monitor
    And now, It won't even boot up for a few mins. Just says Invalid Sync as HD's start loading.
    I'm thinking the VGA slot has gone bad on the MB.
    Anyone else have any ideas?
    Trying to get this pc back up-- because I have billing files for my business on it. So, I'm kinda stuck for changing out the MB, because I'd have to wipe the HD. I've got an Asus A7N8X Deluxe 400 FSB Via chipset. Maybe, I'll set the Via chipset up in another box and test the cards in that. Have to get a few parts together for that, but it's possible.
    Anyway, If anybodys got any ideas, bring em on, I'm open to trying anything. Except matches and lighter fluid. For now anyway.
  • edited August 2004
    Hawk,

If you have tried two different video cards and two different monitors without success, the most likely cause of a sync problem would be a bad video monitor cable.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    On two seperate monitors? Unlikely. They're probably right in their assumption that it is the AGP slot.