A good splash screen would please me.

edited August 2004 in Hardware
I've played with several bios tic tac, preachers, genuine. Honestly I prefer the genuine ones. Problem is that I want a splash screen. I've played with some of the tools but with no luck. Anyone have a most recent bios that contains a splash screen of like amd or something. Sorry I'm not referencing the EPA logo either. I"m addressing a splash screen like the big companies have. Like preacher's bios.

Any help would be appreciated.

Abit nf7-s ver. 2
current bios merlin's d25

Comments

• edited August 2004
    I've played with several bios tic tac, preachers, genuine. Honestly I prefer the genuine ones. Problem is that I want a splash screen. I've played with some of the tools but with no luck. Anyone have a most recent bios that contains a splash screen of like amd or something. Sorry I'm not referencing the EPA logo either. I"m addressing a splash screen like the big companies have. Like preacher's bios.

Any help would be appreciated.

Abit nf7-s ver. 2
    current bios merlin's d25

Why not just pull preachers splash screen out and put it in a original bios?
  • edited August 2004
    I've attempted to do this. I don't know what I was doing wrong. But it said that the file was too big. Thus I had no luck doing it. Not sure what I did wrong. It just said that it was too big to be placed inside of the newest bios for the NF7-s ver. 2.
  • edited August 2004
    Would it be possible for you to place links to each bios?

I will give it a shot and see if we have any luck with it.

Tmod
  • edited August 2004
    Here I've attached them. Thanks though. PRD18... is the preacher's bios with image.
  • edited August 2004
    Here I've attached them. Thanks though. PRD18... is the preacher's bios with image.

Hmmm works fine for me, Here is a image of the Cbrom window.

example.jpg
  • edited August 2004
    well don't know where I messed up. Suppose you could upload that new bios for me. or a good spot tutorial on the cbrom . Thanks for your time.
  • edited August 2004
    well don't know where I messed up. Suppose you could upload that new bios for me. or a good spot tutorial on the cbrom . Thanks for your time.

A little right on the forum tutorial.

To extract splash screen, Rename Cbromxxx.exe to just Cbrom.exe

cbrom prd18_04.bin /logo extract

To install to NF7d_25.bin

cbrom nf7d_25.bin /logo hmgrfum4.bmp

Notice space after .bin and before forward slash!!

That's all Folks!
  • edited August 2004
    repeated attempts using cbrom in a pure dos mode have proven fruitless. I cannot run cbrom in win2k. Not sure where I goofed as I had followed your instructions perfectly.
  • edited August 2004
    Hmmm it worked fine on my Win 2000 Pro.

I am attaching 2 batch files in this post. You will have to rename the extension to .bat as that extension is not allowed here. Just place them in the folder where you have the files you sent me as well as Cbrom renamed to cbrom.exe.

Then execute the extract.bat file first as this will extract the BMP from preachers bios.

Now run the install.bat and that will install the BMP to nf7d_25.bin and it will verify the install.

Tmod