firewire port on compaq presario

edited August 2004 in Hardware
i own a compaq presario 2517at laptop...it has an unusual firewire port...the shape n size of the port is same as that on my camcorder (not like the usb port)...i kno dat the connector on the camcorder is small...but the port on the laptop should resemble usb.....

is there any special adaptor required to plug in ieee1394 devices to the laptop?? i have the port pics...how do i upload them on this thread??

i am unable to find a cable for this....

plz help me.....

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2004
    The firewire ports are standard across the board for all ieee1394 devices.

The firewire port is smaller then a USB port. You should just need a standard firewire cable that can be bought at almost any computer store.
  • edited August 2004
    naah.....its not standard.....i haf d pics....plz temme how do i upload 'em........i kno dat d firewire port on d comp is like usb...but a bit smaller.........

n d firewire connector on d device is a smaller one..........thing is.....the port on my laptop is also exactly the same as that on device...get it??

both ends r small........
  • edited August 2004
    dats wot da fiya wiya is leik lol k cya bye get it??!!11

Nah.. Check the manual for your camcorder and see what cable you are supposed to use. By the sound of things either the camera uses its own custom interface to make you spend more money on a cable or its not actually a firewire port on your laptop.

Most likely the first option though...
  • edited August 2004
    Or... You may just need one o' these...

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=107317&sbadd=BF-520
    Its a UK retailer so it might not help, but it proves they exist. The cheapest one I have seen is about 3 quid...
  • edited August 2004
    hey......d link's not opening...........