Major bummer....

phlipphlip hell
edited August 2004 in Hardware
I just recieved my athlon 64 3000 yesterday. Put it into my msi kt800 neo installed windows played a few games....then i decided to plug the cable into the nic and for some reason i didnt think to shut the comp off. and then boom! fried out the mobo......anyone else ever had something like that happen?

Comments

• verselloversello New
    edited August 2004
    Plug a network cable into the NIC? Never heard or seen a comp go crazy over that... and I have the same mobo.
  • phlipphlip hell
    edited August 2004
    neither have i....and i still have parts coming for it like a serial ata 150 80gig hard drive with 8 megs cache..and now i have to wait 2 weeks to order a new mobo.....could it have fried the cpu by any chance? i know my mem and video card are ok
  • phlipphlip hell
    edited August 2004
    Plug a network cable into the NIC? and yes thats what i did....i tried clearing teh cmos and everything....
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2004
    Nope never had that happen, actually never even heard of that happening. I've seen nics fried before as a result of a search but it was because of other factors not just plugging a cable in. Hell I plug in cables to live machines constantly to test things out. Definitely send it back that shouldn't happen.
  • hillary-s-banehillary-s-bane baton rouge, la
    edited August 2004
    i do that at my office almost daily...you got owned man! any chance you can get the vender to replace anything? by the way who did you buy from?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    dirty power
  • phlipphlip hell
    edited August 2004
    dirty power
    ???? ya i am gonna rma as soon as i find teh receipt...just gonna say it never worked
  • phlipphlip hell
    edited August 2004
    I was hoping it would bump me up a few notches in folding as well...