HELP!!! Problems with Radeon 8500

edited September 2004 in Hardware
I'm running a Radeon 8500 All-In-Wonder 128 with an Athalon XP 2000+, 512 mb of DDR, and a SOYO kt333 motherboard.
I recently installed service pack 2 and also updated my copy of dead-aim.
This morning when I powered up my PC, there was such a decrease in performance speed that it was almost unusable. It didn't take long to figure out that the problem was my video card. After learning that ATI had new drivers available for my card, I downloaded and installed them. Things were good to go for about fifteen minutes until my vpu crashed and my system rebooted. After the reboot everything was fine for another fifteen minutes until the same thing happened. This happened once more and now when I power up I get to what should be the windows XP log on screen and it's just a scrambled garble of pixels. After about a minute on this screen the system shuts down. I can start in safe-mode but because of the network at my university I can't get online while in safe-mode.
HELP!
Any advice is appreciated!

Isral

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    is the GPU overheating?
  • SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited September 2004
    you can get online in safe mode, you have to select safe mode w/ networking for it to work. you can't just go into regular safemode. also feel you gpu to see if its overheating. as long as you hold onto metal you won't damage it.
  • edited September 2004
    It's not overheating... Either the vid-card is out of commissoin, or there's something wrong on the software end of things...
    I can't get online in safe mode with networking because of how my school's network is set up.

Isral