Underclocking??!!

iTim387iTim387 Buffalo, NY
edited September 2004 in Hardware
OK I installed an Athlon XP 2400+ into my Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and I set the FSB jumper to the 200. I wasn't sure of the correct setting, so I set it to the lower of the two to avoid overclocking it by accident. It turns out that I "underclocked" it! The computer recognized it as an Athlon XP 2100+. I didn't realize this until WinXP Pro was installed. To fix the problem I went into the bios and changed the FSB setting to 133Mhz from 100Mhz which would result in a 266Mhz FSB. The CPU multiplier is set at 15 which makes the clock speed 1995 Mhz, or 2Ghz. Now WinXP rightfully sees the CPU as a 2400+, but when I boot the bios gives me overclocking errors. How can I fix this??!! The system works fine, but I would rather have everything at the normal settings.

PS, what are normal and high temps for a 2400+?

Comments

• SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited September 2004
    three questions, what core is your cpu? Thoroughbred or Throton? also, have your tried putting your fsb jumper on 133 and resetting your cmos? and do you have the latest bios update for your motherboard?
  • iTim387iTim387 Buffalo, NY
    edited September 2004
    The core is a Thoroughbred and I changed the FSB jumper to 133. I did not reset the CMOS, however. I do have the latest BIOS update.
  • SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited September 2004
    k, one thing you might wanna try is resetting your cmos, depending on your bios type you might have to install the bios update. if all jumber setting are right then your cpu should show up as an xp2400+. this is becuase all the new xp's have locked multiplyers :(