Your contact Info needed

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2003 in Community
Please send some contact info to TheSMJ via PM:

Your (full) real name, your gaming/forum name, your AGE (very important) -- because if you are under 18, we're gonna need to send you a thing for your parents to sign that says we aren't responsible for you if you get kicked in the shins or something... Also, since I'm sure people will be taking pictures at the LAN, the form will serve as a release to use a minor's image on the web.. Dumb, but for legality we'll need it.

Your phone number would be nice, if you are comfortable giving it. Only TheSMJ (Dave) and myself will have access to this information.

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    You already have mine. Use as needed. SHOULD I TRY TO BRING MY CAMERA?? And Tripod??? If so, can bring the box with the graphics editting software on it (its quite legal), or SHIP the computer up there.

John.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Just bring whatever you want. A bunch of people are going to be bringing cameras, I'm sure. I don't think you really need a seperate computer just for photo editing. There's gonna be 40 computers there :)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2003
    I am bringing my digital camera and my sisters video camera, there should be pleny of cameras floating around to catch some good footage, haha
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Omgz I'm in the l33t forum. I will be armed with my Digital8 HandyCam with plenty of tapes and my HP 2.2mpx....you people better get used to hearing from me, I need some good footage for Purposeless Productions present S-M LAN!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd
    crys and bangs fist on desk!!!
    Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    crys and bangs fist on desk!!!
    edited November 2003
    :(
  • ze_merovingianze_merovingian de+roi+, via highland park, via MTL
    edited November 2003
    You had better have mine!!!!;D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Im bringing my digicam and lightweight notebook, so photoediting is no problem (has photoshop on it) :)
  • edited November 2003
    So I got 16 contact info PMs so far... where's the last 26?

I'd bet most of these people don't even know this forum is here. :-/
    edited November 2003
    Well Smidgey, looks like it's time for you to PM everybody like I've had to do :)
  • edited November 2003
    But..... AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:banghead:
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited November 2003
    TheSmJ....did you get my confirmation big boy?
  • edited November 2003
    Yeah. Just need these last 26 people's.

24 actually. I guess I dont need RyThom's or TestTubeTony's (already in my phone).
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    TheSmJ had this to say
    So I got 16 contact info PMs so far... where's the last 26?

I'd bet most of these people don't even know this forum is here. :-/
    PM inbox does get full you know?
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    TheSmJ had this to say
    Yeah. Just need these last 26 people's.

24 actually. I guess I dont need RyThom's or TestTubeTony's (already in my phone).

You mean 23, you did get my pm this afternoon didn't you?
    edited November 2003
    Well, I like a mix of: Paint Shop Pro, Corel, and Photoshop Elements myself. And the box will have some websites on it as I was THINKING about talking with you about a three-site hosting thing. Computer IS coming, even if by FEDEX both ways.

Prime has my contact info, YES???

John
  • edited November 2003
    Well, I like a mix of: Paint Shop Pro, Corel, and Photoshop Elements myself. And the box will have some websites on it as I was THINKING about talking with you about a three-site hosting thing. Computer IS coming, even if by FEDEX both ways.

..... what the ****?

@TBonz,

Yeah, I got yo shiznit.

How many PMs does it take to fill the Inbox, and if it's full, where do I put them?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    ...Yeah. Holy **** WTF.
    edited November 2003
    That was to Prime. I use a Digital Camera, Olympus Camedia C-4000, 4 Megapixel, and hate the legal price for Photoshop 6. Elements came with my Epson Scanner. Paint Shop Pro, I use 7 and 8 with Photoshop compatible plugins and it more modularly can do things PhotoPaint and a naked Photshop cannot do(but plugins, yes, got legal ones of those integrated into PSP). I tend to turn photos into line-vector plus fill vector graphics at high res, drop to Tif or GIF if low color map level is wanted, and sometimes then convert to WPG's to integrate graphics onto Corel Draw work.

Photos turned into ART, then Desktop Published, on a 98 SE based Barton box with an 80 GB WD Special Edition HD on a MSI KT4VL mainboard. Business stuff like contact manager and accounting also on the rmeovable HD tray, with a spare tray with an image of same backed up weekly. NAV gets updated as often as possible. NO copyright issues that way, logos from digitally shot art, and the camera import software is also on this box.

About 15-20 min to image HD-->HD with PM 8.0 as HD is about 2\3 full only.

John, who likes modern hardware and OLDER-style software.
    edited November 2003
    ?? sorry john, i'm very lost right now... what were we talking about? This is about needing contact info. Yes, I have yours ... :confused:
    edited November 2003
    We're talking about <s>contact info</s> <s>illustrator</s> <s>corel</s> <s>photoshop elements</s> <s>Digital cameras</s> <s>Olympius</s> <s>Vector graphics</s> <s>Tiff/gif format</s> <s>WPG images</s> <s>Photos turned to ART</s> <s>Windows 98</s> <s>Bartons</s> <s>Hard drive imaging</s> <s>Copyright issues</s> John's love of modern hardware and old software.
    edited November 2003
    And since it fits like an old shoe, want the box too. Do not have $2400.00 to drop on a laptop right now. :D

John, who hates it when some dolt does not understand human factors and how they influence computer buying choices.
    edited November 2003
    Yes.

This dolt does not at <b>all</b> understand human buying factors.

Thrax who hates it when some dolt gives a direct responce completely unrelated to the pretense given.
    edited November 2003
    And you did not answer before when I asked if you had it, and TheSMJ did not know why I tossed an offer to work on web-tuned illustrative LAN art into the contact thread. NOR did Thrax, who granularizes RELEVANCE way too fine.

john-- Who does not game and was TRYING to figure out why he should spend about $4700.00 to come up (conting food, trips to a shower somewhere), and had to have more than one reason for such a trip. ADN who is getting cold feet right now about this trip as vision surgery and glasses costs are over a grand right now and climbing (MY part of them).

And who is taking a rest break from SM now due to one Thrax, MY choice.
    edited November 2003
    Granulating relevance?

Damn man, we're talking about CONTACT INFORMATION.

What does <b>any</b> of this:
    That was to Prime. I use a Digital Camera, Olympus Camedia C-4000, 4 Megapixel, and hate the legal price for Photoshop 6. Elements came with my Epson Scanner. Paint Shop Pro, I use 7 and 8 with Photoshop compatible plugins and it more modularly can do things PhotoPaint and a naked Photshop cannot do(but plugins, yes, got legal ones of those integrated into PSP). I tend to turn photos into line-vector plus fill vector graphics at high res, drop to Tif or GIF if low color map level is wanted, and sometimes then convert to WPG's to integrate graphics onto Corel Draw work.

Photos turned into ART, then Desktop Published, on a 98 SE based Barton box with an 80 GB WD Special Edition HD on a MSI KT4VL mainboard. Business stuff like contact manager and accounting also on the rmeovable HD tray, with a spare tray with an image of same backed up weekly. NAV gets updated as often as possible. NO copyright issues that way, logos from digitally shot art, and the camera import software is also on this box.

About 15-20 min to image HD-->HD with PM 8.0 as HD is about 2\3 full only.

John, who likes modern hardware and OLDER-style software

Have to do with CONTACT info? I mean my GOD man.
    edited November 2003
    John: I didn't know you were even talking to me, sorry for missing that.

Yes, I have your contact info.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    oopsy Thrax, seems your pointing out the obvious has ruffled some feathers... ::shrug:::
    edited November 2003
    Well Ageek has pulled his spot from the LAN, PARTLY due to what happened in this thread, but mostly financial. With gnome not being able to go, his financial burden just doubled, and his doctor told him to go out and buy a 19" LCD monitor for his eyes, coupled with his medical bills, he's just not able to come.

No hard feelings, his access has been pulled from the LAN attendees forum at his request, so let's just move along, nothing to see here... .:)
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Gahhhh, I hear the 12 year olds screaming now. PMed ya SmJ.