I'm gonna join the F@H team :)

lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
edited December 2004 in Folding@Home
I got lots of mostly unused CPU power (P4 3.25GHz, 2x Athlon XP Thoroughbred 2GHz server (dual processor), 133MHz Pentium LOL) to run F@H on. I shalt join the icrontic team. ^^

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    :jelly: Wonderful!!!!!! :jelly: Thank You!! :bringit: :fold:
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    U Go Boy!!!! Fold!!!
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2004
    QUESTION!!~

how long after one starts this stuff does it take for a stats thinger to show up on the site? I've been running it for an hour and I don't register as a user yet in their database.
    edit - while I'm on the subject of questions, is there a way I can check the status of the service-based F@H client? It was the only way to run it properly on my dual CPU machine.
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited October 2004
    you have to compleate a WU, aka a Wrok Unit.

When 'folding', you will have "frames" x number of frams equil one WU.. 1 WU is the smallest nomination for points. once you have one, it shold show up

btw, you have a pretty fast CPU so, you should be able to crank out around 2 500 or so frame WU a day
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2004
    it's working on a 400 frame WU, and it says it won't be done until 3 days from now... :(
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Yea don't believe the timetable it gives you, I have found it to not be so accurate. :(
  • edited October 2004
    Welcome aboard!!!
  • NeoFXNeoFX Utah, US of A
    edited October 2004
    Yes welcome to our growing team! (inset:Ihateualex but amazing work u get done! lol) I'm almost to 30k!!!
  • SupertexSupertex New
    edited December 2004
    Hiya fellas...I am considering running F@H on some of my boxes here. Thing is, I really am not sure how to set this program up to use my dualies. I have seen people say that it must run as a service...but I have no clue what to do here. Is there some app that will install it correctly, or is this an issue of editing my cfg?

If I need a prog, what is it and where do I get it?
    edited December 2004
    Supertex wrote:
    Hiya fellas...I am considering running F@H on some of my boxes here. Thing is, I really am not sure how to set this program up to use my dualies. I have seen people say that it must run as a service...but I have no clue what to do here. Is there some app that will install it correctly, or is this an issue of editing my cfg?

If I need a prog, what is it and where do I get it?

Hey, thats easy
    get the "No-nonsense text only" console version (should be like 4 entries down) and download it

http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

now when you open the console one of the questions will be along the lines of, what do mchenine is this? You enter 1. finesh set-up and minimise
    then open up another copy, set it up, only this time, entry this as number 2 insted of number 1.

I think thats how it works
  • SupertexSupertex New
    edited December 2004
    LiLbRo wrote:
    Hey, thats easy
    get the "No-nonsense text only" console version (should be like 4 entries down) and download it

http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

now when you open the console one of the questions will be along the lines of, what do mchenine is this? You enter 1. finesh set-up and minimise
    then open up another copy, set it up, only this time, entry this as number 2 insted of number 1.

I think thats how it works

Yeah, I finally got it. See, the first few times I tried that link, it gave me errors, so I thought that would have to be some other way. But I got it now. Thanks!
  • ShockjockShockjock Dekalb, Illinois
    edited December 2004
    Welcome aboard! Now get foldin'! :fold::fold::thumbsup:
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited December 2004
    how much, or what are you folding with?
  • ShockjockShockjock Dekalb, Illinois
    edited December 2004
    Yagga, are you asking this of me, or Lordbean?
    edited December 2004
    supertex, but now that you mention it i wouldn't mind hearing yours Shockjock.
  • Dream-WeaverDream-Weaver Nova Scotia, Canada
    edited December 2004
    w00t, I've got the Folding working finally. Me: 2, Driver Mismatch: 1
    edited December 2004
    whooo! who will win the next round.. dun dun dunnnnnn
  • Dream-WeaverDream-Weaver Nova Scotia, Canada
    edited December 2004
    clearly me. ~115 Frames in 13 hours, no problems. Is that fast or slow or average?
    edited December 2004
    On a 400 frame wu that is about average, but the work units vary so it may actually be different. It also depends on if it is a wu worth like 240 points or one worth 3XX points. Also, every once in a while you get frames going every 5-10 minutes and then for some reason they slow down to like 1 every few hours, I don't know why, but I think that happens sometimes when the wu is interupted like if the system is restarted.

...Lately they have been messing with my head, sub 100 point work units! (I don't like them)