Hardcano 13 Problems

edited July 2005 in Hardware
Just got in my hardcano 13 and installed it. when I installed it fans and temps worked great but i had the usb connection wrong so I pulled it out and and fixed it- And when I put it back in it came up with the cpu temp as 17* f and the warning temp was set to 110? So i restarted thinking it would do somthing but nothing 17* still.by the way none of the buttons respond.so i pulled it out looked at the connections of all the probes,took apart the box looked there everything fine. so when i put it back in its now a blank screen. WTF!? :yell1:

Comments

• edited December 2004
    ok never mind- fixed it!
  • Frank-CFrank-C Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    edited January 2005
    How did you fix it? I am having the same problems!
  • Frank-CFrank-C Wollongong, NSW, Australia
    edited February 2005
    Anybody?
  • youvegotjermzyouvegotjermz Baton Rouge, La
    edited February 2005
    late nobody's on
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Frank C wrote:
    Anybody?
    your probably going to have to PM or email OverLoad , because he is only here on a semi regular basis. ;)
  • edited February 2005
    I have the same problem with mine, and it really is starting to piss me off. It turns out the backup battery inside the unit does not charge properly or something, and once the voltage drops enough the memory in the hardcano gets corrupted. To fix this you need to buy a new battery. The problem that is starting to piss me off is I have to replace the fu***** thing every month! :yell1:

Of course thermaltake support SUCKS and they dont respond to any of my e-mails. Anyone know a mod to get power to the battery while the unit is on to keep it charged?
  • edited February 2005
    sorry bout not posting guys :rolleyes: lol. The only good idea I can give you guys is its the battery. But as darkfog said replacing the battery every month is a pain cause you have to crack open your case unscrew it and pull the thing out. PAIN IN THE ASS! :yell1: About a week ago it started doing the same thing.Keys would'nt work, it would display the wrong info, and would even have a different color as the screen every time i booted up my pc. I did the same thing as darkfog did, I emailed thermaltake and even called them. NO emails as of yet and Ill be damned if I can ever get through to the tech support! So the one thing I did is I disconnected it cause I got tired of it. I thought I had fixed it but to no avail. Really makes me wish I got a matrix orbital lcd display :yell1:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    shhhhhhhhhhh.................

Dont spoil the surprise review Ben!

oh shit .... I just didnt ...

/me runs and hides
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Guess I won't be getting any thermaltake fan controllers. I'll go with another manufacturer for sure. If I decide to use a fan controller system.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    My Coolermaster Aerogate is very nice, not a lick-o-probs. I think Gnome likes his too.
  • edited February 2005
    I'm looking at those coolermaster things too but kinda worried about the whole noise to performance thing. gonna stay with air for now, ordering a thermalright xp 120 tonight along with a papst noise control fan :) Should keep my CPU happy through the summer too and I dont have to listen to a 40dBa cooler any more.
  • edited February 2005
    what size fan you have on there right now?
  • edited February 2005
    I have one of these at the moment. Its good enough but seemed to like my Athlon XP a lot more than my Athlon 64.

Gonna put it back on my other machine and buy the XP 120 for my main rig.
  • edited March 2005
    Well I finally got ahold of Thermaltake, and sent my unit back for an RMA.
    Overlord if you use mozillas browser to get an RMA it wont send. MAKE SURE TO USE IE! You can head over to: http://www.thermaltake.com/eworks/erma.htm to get a RMA number they said they would ship me a new one this week.
    Well see if they have any kind of revision model that they send me back. :rolleyes:

Ill know in a month if I still the battery problem, and If I remeber will do a followup on it.
  • edited March 2005
    Well this is a followup to my last post. I got a Unit back, yeah notice I didnt say new. It was used. It has fingerprints on it and it had some dust on it. So yeah ThermalTake even skimps on their RMA's. As far as the battery goes, the bastards didnt even check to see if the battery was good, which it was not so I changed it (super $5 already spent, plus the $14 it took to ship the old one back) I am leaning towards calling it a endless money pit :p .
    The PCB itself has a REV1.1 on it. I think I had 1.0 on my old one, but am not totally sure. Ill have to see how this unit acts. So far it hasnt given me any problems at all, I just hope things stay this way.
    Oh and one more thing, I was going through ThermalTakes rma's (yes you can browse their RMA system) and I noticed a few Hardcano's here and there and ALOT of their Power supplies. Just a heads up to anyone who was thinking of buying a TT psu.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Thats what started all my problems putting 4 pc's together for my home network. I bought 3 TT PS's. 2 were 420W & 1 was 480W. One of them shorted and took out my A7N8X Del. MoBo,1G Ram! I was so pissed off after interchanging parts and burning stuff up that I tore it apart and threw it away. It never even entered my mind that an RMA and damages to the MoBo & Ram and more after that were possible. Funny thing is, when I got the new TT's in, I checked the plugs and one had pins falling out of it. Another had loose pins. Needless to say, I went through all the plugs now and have made sure the pins were tight. Live & learn guys & gals. And always,Always remember "There's Always the chance to RMA it."
  • edited July 2005
    Hello agian everyone,

Ive been screwing around with the cirucitry on my hardcano 13 because im extremely tired of replacing batteries. So I thought to muself, why not put a rechargable battery in there :fu: . Thats exactly what I am do. As of this moment this project isnt done, my limited electronic knowledge is making this project long and tedious :kaka: . Anywho, for those that are interested head over to http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=927655 to get the full scoop on this modification :)
  • edited July 2005
    Looks good so far, guess you just have to sit and wait now :)
  • edited July 2005
    This whole experiment is a waiting game :rolleyes:

I just hope I make some progress soon, Ill make the wiring and resolder the resistors and such once I get it all to work. I hate leaving stuff a mess like it is now.
  • edited July 2005
    Well everyone I got the rechargabe battery working in my hardcano 13. Head over to this HardForums thread to see how I did it. Its lengthy but if you go to the bottom of the first page youll see how I did it. The process is actually quite simple :)
  • edited July 2005
    Hawk wrote:
    Thats what started all my problems putting 4 pc's together for my home network. I bought 3 TT PS's. 2 were 420W & 1 was 480W. One of them shorted and took out my A7N8X Del. MoBo,1G Ram! I was so pissed off after interchanging parts and burning stuff up that I tore it apart and threw it away. It never even entered my mind that an RMA and damages to the MoBo & Ram and more after that were possible. Funny thing is, when I got the new TT's in, I checked the plugs and one had pins falling out of it. Another had loose pins. Needless to say, I went through all the plugs now and have made sure the pins were tight. Live & learn guys & gals. And always,Always remember "There's Always the chance to RMA it."

Ouch cheapy's. When I got my HC13 back I recieved another USED unit back. Had fingerprints and dust all over it. After reading numerous problems with TT PSU's taking out other hardware, I would never once considering on purchasing one.

Atleast their RMA process is painless!