Cpu usage 100%

vitinhovitinho Macau
edited April 2005 in Hardware
Don't know why but the cpu usage of my pc is constantly 95%-100% ? I opened a folder of pictures and while displaying the thumbnails the cpu load will go very high, like 97-100%...
Is it because I'm using a Celeron 1.7? Perhaps too few ram (256)?
I'm not using any case fan, do this affect?
Any input is welcome, thank you.

Comments

• edited February 2005
    Post a shot of your task manager. There are all kinds of things that can cause stuff like this to happen, and the task manager is the best place to start looking.
  • imported_oldtimerimported_oldtimer Mississauga,ON
    edited February 2005
    Windows version,thats should be obvious.W3 and XP are a little different.
    :help:
    If what you say is true your OS would probably crash long before that.
    Are you reading the results backwards then,2 % used.98 % available.
    This is my XP Pro results.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2005
    If you cpu is constantly running at 100% baring possible hardware failure you either have a virus or spy/adware actively running. The other possibility is that one of your system files is corrupted and is trying to reload it's self over and over again. But if that is the problem you should be experiencing crashes and other symptoms besides an active CPU.

Does this startup right at boot or is it fine for a little while after you boot up but then starts up?
  • edited April 2005
    oldtimer wrote:
    Windows version,thats should be obvious.W3 and XP are a little different.
    :help:
    If what you say is true your OS would probably crash long before that.
    Are you reading the results backwards then,2 % used.98 % available.
    This is my XP Pro results.
    To me this looks like your CPU is 98% idle and your CPu is currently @ 2% usage.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited April 2005
    tpomeroy wrote:
    To me this looks like your CPU is 98% idle and your CPu is currently @ 2% usage.

...Let's just all ignore oldtimer, I think he is banned anyway for not knowing how to speak English. :)