Checkerboards?

edited September 2005 in Hardware
:help: I have been having problems with my video since i bought my video card radeon 9600. I will get a checkerboard of small boxes all over the screen when boot up. Only way to get rid of it is to reboot and cross your fingers that it doesnt come back again. I got the lastest drivers and bios.

Any ideas...????

asus a7n8x....1gig kingston ram(2x512)3200....monitor is new did it on both monitors new one is hynudai L90d+.....60 gig maxtor hd...new processor amd barton 3000+ xp....new processor did not change it either...agp in bios is set to 512...no overclocking..

Comments

• edited March 2005
    Open up your case and try removing the small battery about 3/4 in diameter from the motherboard. This will reset the CMOS make sure you keep it out for at least 10 min. Let me know if this helps.

my system

1.8 ghz P-4 oc'd to 2.2 ghz
    Abit IS7-E2 mobo
    generic 450w PSU
    Samsung 512 PC2700 ram
    Dual combo Drives
    eVGA GeForce FX 5600 Ultra
    80 gig maxtor
    10 gig Fujitsu
    7 Gig Fujitsu
    All packed inside Aspire's X-Infinity Case with extra L.E.D. fans And a set of dual ccfl lights
    Total Cost $480
    Take that all you rich people
  • edited March 2005
    yea, no change. Tried that after installing new cpu. Still does it. But of course it is intermintent.
  • edited March 2005
    I think something in your system is not making a full connection maybe screwed up pins. Not sure what you got goin on there... Try posting the question on another forum. This one is realllllly slow. try www.tech-forums.net more people on it.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    its a good possability ur overheating or maybe cpu issues. does it happen anyother time or jsut boot up?

I know i had that issue when my cpu was cracked
  • edited March 2005
    Seems like it only does it on boot up when the xp logo or loggon screen comes up. Tempatures are good on cpu. Had the same problem with my previous cpu too.
  • GothicSatan187GothicSatan187 Carleton, Michigan
    edited September 2005
    biddaum wrote:
    :help: I have been having problems with my video since i bought my video card radeon 9600. I will get a checkerboard of small boxes all over the screen when boot up. Only way to get rid of it is to reboot and cross your fingers that it doesnt come back again. I got the lastest drivers and bios.

Any ideas...????

asus a7n8x....1gig kingston ram(2x512)3200....monitor is new did it on both monitors new one is hynudai L90d+.....60 gig maxtor hd...new processor amd barton 3000+ xp....new processor did not change it either...agp in bios is set to 512...no overclocking..

I have had the problem with my 6800GT, but it said the primary video display has stopped working normaly. If you have anything overclocked, default them and see what happens, other than that make sure you have enough cooling.
  • edited September 2005
    Try reinstalling the drivers for the card. when you say you have the latest BIOS, do you mean the card, or the MoBo? Maybe you're using the wrong one.

To find out if heat is the problem, open up the case and point a big desk fan into it, if you still get the same problems than it's not heat related.