Office XP Unattended

bobbycanadabobbycanada Sea Cliff, N.Y.
edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
I am trying to put Win XP w/ sp-2, Office XP w/ sp-2 on 2 Cd's, unattended.

I should be over at MSFN, but they have been less than helpful and make me feel like an idiot. :bawling:

I have gone through the listed steps and completed, I believe successfully.
I am at a loss as to what to do next.

I have not completed section 4 as I don't know how to run a batch file, :confused: yea maybe I am an idiot. Do I need this batch command? If so, how?

Below, is their guide (very well put together, IMHO) but assumes I know what I am doing. I am quick to learn, however.

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/apps/office/officexp_advanced.htm

Comments

• verselloversello New
    edited March 2005
    Hope it wasn't me that sparked interest in unattended installations :p

But yeah, from a quick look at it, all you do for the batch file is copy their code (with whatever modifications they say are necessary), paste it into a blank notepad, then save the file as something like "OFFICE INSTALL.bat" (the .bat designates a batch file, and to run it, you just double-click on it).
  • bobbycanadabobbycanada Sea Cliff, N.Y.
    edited March 2005
    Yea, it probably was (I curse you at night) LOL :shoot:

No, seriously, I will try that batch file.

But, what to do now, I mean how to copy to CD's. ISO? :drinkup:
  • verselloversello New
    edited March 2005
    If you used nLite to make an automated Windows install, then it'll save the finished product as an .iso image. You can use programs like Nero to burn that image to a CD.

Just dragging and dropping files onto a CD won't work as there are hidden boot files needed, hence the use of .iso images.

For something like Office, however, if you made changes to its installation files, then you need not worry about iso images and what not. Just use any program like Nero or Roxio Easy CD Creator or Windows' built-in cd-burning capabilities.
    edited March 2005
    Yea, but.....Yea, but.....Yea, but............... :horn:

After I completed the process (the link above) What do I do now? Will the XPCD (nLite) handle this. I have found no link between the two on the internet.
    (combining Win XP and Office XP) :)
  • verselloversello New
    edited March 2005
    You can't combine WinXP and Office XP.

nLite is only for XP. Once you're done, at the end it asks to make an .iso image. Install Nero and you'll have the option to burn that image to a CD.
    edited March 2005
    Thanx, versello Liek OMGA! I will do my best to figure this one out.