edited March 2005 in Science & Tech
The last time that I reformatted my computer I had it set up so it would go straight into windows, well for some magical reason it has decided to boot up into the log in screen as if there were more than one user(im the only one). what could have done this and how would I make it stop. OH and oldtimer your help is not needed! :fu:

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    This will explain it and tell you how to disable it. There's a couple of ways.
    The simple solution is TweakUI. There's a link to it here too.
    Annoyances.com
  • edited March 2005
    aight ill try that
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Let us know if you got it fixed...
  • edited March 2005
    aight downloaded tweakui and set it to have the logon off-
  • edited March 2005
    it was set to have it off, but when I restarted it went into the admin(which is set to off as well).so i set it back and now I can log back into my name. ???
    what option do i hit so I can just be right in windows as I turn it on???
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Go to Control Panel, User Accounts, and tell me whats there... There should only be your name (which ever user name you used setting up) and one that says Guest. And the Guest account should say "Guest account is off". If there's another account there-- delete it. I forget what windoze calls it, but it sets up this account when you get the service packs. It will not hurt to delete it. I've done it every time I install winoze & SP's and never had a problem. Reboot after you delete it and whalaaa, it goes right to desktop without the annoying login. It's because of that account that the pc goes to login.
  • edited March 2005
    BA theres a thing called asp.net Machine a-what the hell is that?!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Thats what the service packs put in. Delete it and your pc will load to desktop.
  • edited March 2005
    sweet thanks!
  • youvegotjermzyouvegotjermz Baton Rouge, La
    edited March 2005
    yeah that happed to me a while back and to a few people at work...sp2 sucks!
  • edited March 2005
    Its not an SP2 thing, this has been an issue for a while now. Auto login means you dont always have to delete that account though.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    My bad, I told you wrong guys! rapture's right, it's not service pack related. It's related to Net Framework 1.1 install. I researched more and this is what it is....
    The aspnet_wp or ASP.NET Machine Account is created when the Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 is installed onto a Windows XP computer. The user is created to run the asp.net worker process used in Microsoft's Internet Information Services, which allows ASP.net to run on your local web server.
    ASP.net is a programming framework built on the common language runtime (Microsoft .net framework) which can be used on a server to build powerful Web applications.
    I found a few ways around it. Deleting that acount being the first way I figured out how to stop the logon feature. I'm putting another way together right now to show you or anyone with this problem. I'll have it here in a little while. I apologize for the misdirection. 110103_sorry_prv1.gif
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    OK, Here you go........Sorry bout the fuzziness. Had to scan, paint, copy etc!!!
    logon%20fix.jpg