You decide
:rarr:

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    :drinkup: :thumbsup:
    You decide
    :rarr:

Explorer just crashed on me an hour ago while trying to view/buffer an imbeded WMP file for an upcoming Everquest adventure pack. :drinkup:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    reason1-firefox-notIE.gif
  • edited March 2005
    I like Opera personally, IE isnt safe enough to use without first crippling it. I use IE for Windows Update, online banking and also MSI Live Update (which is really nice by the way) and thats it.

Opera is what I use for everything else. I just prefer it that way.
  • SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited March 2005
    Hawk wrote:
    reason1-firefox-notIE.gif

yes, firefox pwns :D i've used opera... i don't like the whole "paying" part. i prefer to get my browser for free (legaly) and still run fast :rockon: :fu: :horn:
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited March 2005
    yeah, i use both opera and firefox about equally. but i do prefer opera, just because, by design, its more secure than firefox. but as a result, some things dont work right (like gmail) because opera won't play with activex (on purpose) because of the security holes. so, i use both because i like the nice activex interface with gmail, but the extra security is also an added comfort with opera.

also, one of the other things i find hilarious, is people will talk about all the great plugins for firefox that opera has been doing for like the last 2 years. like the paste and go plugin and the mouse gestures plugin. tis funneh :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    gmail now offers a "basic html" version of the site, specifically for this reason.
  • youvegotjermzyouvegotjermz Baton Rouge, La
    edited March 2005
    firefox all the way! IE only for windows update
  • SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited March 2005
    drowd wrote:
    also, one of the other things i find hilarious, is people will talk about all the great plugins for firefox that opera has been doing for like the last 2 years. like the paste and go plugin and the mouse gestures plugin. tis funneh :D

you must remeber that firefox is completely free. they don't have people being paid to make plug-in's, updtaes, etc. almost all plug-in's are 3rd party for firefox (at least from what i've seen)
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    SSR_06 wrote:
    you must remeber that firefox is completely free. they don't have people being paid to make plug-in's, updtaes, etc. almost all plug-in's are 3rd party for firefox (at least from what i've seen)

Not to mention Opera is way older than Firefox. I really have nothing against any other browser, I just like the feel of Firefox more. Just kinda annoys me when people seemingly try to start flame wars for no reason.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I actually have IE, Opera & Firefox on all of our pc's. So, Anyone sitting down at one of our pc's can use whichever they like. I keep them all up to date on patches-etc.