KV8-Max3 Warning Sound!!!

edited March 2005 in Hardware
Ok I have had this board for about a month now and when I first got it, it wouldnt make this annoying warning tone(or whatever it is). I thought I fixed it and everything was running smooth until about a week ago. I would turn it on and I would get the same sound, so I would reboot, nothing. I would be playing a game and then all of a sudden it would start going off. Its not my temps cause
the alarm is set to go off a 160 and shut off at 175. Im maybe getting 120. Ive checked all the power connections and all the data connections there all in place. Just not I had to restart like five times and then it will shutup. What could be the problem?

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Your temps sound ok, so I don't think thats the prob.
    Do you have the winbond or Abit EQ utility installed for that MB? If so, Then open the program and watch your power voltages. I just had something similar on my asus (which I have Asus Probe on) and one of the warning settings would go off when the voltage fluctuated a little under the warning setting. I adjusted it and it's fine now. This could be whats happening. You can also get those weird startup beeps when the fan on the vid card isn't turning, or when it stops during pc use. If, You have a cooling fan on it. These are just a couple of things to start with.
  • edited March 2005
    also failed to mention that one of the fans does sound kinda weird. I know the ordinary reving up and down noise but it sounds as though its an oscillating noise. I'll try to see if I have an extra fan for my cpu because thats where it seems to be coming from.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    That sounds like a good thing to start with then. Let us know if a new fan is the cure.
  • edited March 2005
    aight gnome came over and said that the fan was running at a low rpm, but anyways I wll be getting a new fan.