"Can't contact LDAP directory server (81)...do what?

budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
I have started getting this message when i type a name in my To: area on emails... Once i click ok it takes me to a screen where i have to change the directory its looking in from active directory to contacts adn its fixed...I HAVE TO DO THIS WITH EVERY FREAKIN EMAIL....ughhh

What is this and why did it start happening....I have a sneaky suspicion that it has something to do with when i was doing my work emails from home....they are on somesort of exchange thing...

Anyone that can help...plzzz?

TIA

Bud

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2005
    Well unless you are connecting to an Ldap server you are using the wrong type of connection. Your home connection should nomrally be POP3. However if your work for example is using exchange or some other type of mail server then you may have to connect to it using LDAP over a VPN connection. So when you haven't connected through VPN you'd get that LDAP error.

First though just change it to a POP3 server type and see if that solves the problem.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    what email program do you use?
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited March 2005
    KRY:

I think it is set up as pop3....

yep...says pop2/smtp default....anyother suggestions....I stopped my work one a while back...

Prime:

Outlook 03
    edited April 2005
    Anybody?

KRY:

I think it is set up as pop3....

yep...says pop2/smtp default....anyother suggestions....I stopped my work one a while back...

Prime:

Outlook 03
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2005
    There is a way when first setting up outlook to tell it how it's connecting either to an exchange system or just a regular home internet only email setup. Unfortunately I can't seem to find where to change/check those settings after the fact.
    edited April 2005
    sounds like what i need to do..anybody?