abit mobos

Dilbert-FirestormDilbert-Firestorm Nuclear Wasteland, Gretna, LA New
edited April 2005 in Hardware
anyone have good/bad comments on abit mobos?

Comments

• edited March 2005
    abit is7-e2 great mobo reasonably prices socket 478 with onboard sound, and lan
  • zenusic5zenusic5 Metro Atlanta
    edited April 2005
    I dived in to the AMD processor genre with ABIT mobos, and cut my overclocking teeth on them. I have had great results with them and would recommend them to anyone wanting a quality mobo with good overclocking capabilities and stability.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited April 2005
    i have an nf7 (a little dated now, i guess), but once i got it under control, its rock solid. the thing with abit's, is they take a little bit of time babying them so that you get all the settings just perfect, and then it rocks the house. some other manufacturers (like gigabyte) try to do a lot of stuff like that without requiring much input, but if you want complete control, go with an abit.
  • edited April 2005
    I too have had good experience with the abits. I've built up three systems with them and I probably fall under the category of somebody who doesn't need all the options (admittedly who doesn't even understand most of them) but they've been totally stable and very easy to set up. I've used the onboard RAID with all three boards with good results too.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    BX6
    KT7A-Raid
    KX7-333R
    KV7
    NF7-S v2.0

yea i dont have a problem recommending Abit
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited April 2005
    KT7
    AT7
    2x KX7
    NF7

those are my personal experiences with abit mobo's, and they have all been good. i guess i would still only suggest them to folks that feel pretty comfortable with all the mobo settings and stuff. i have used abits for a little while now, and i always seem to have a bit of a slow start (that AT7 was REAL finicky) with them in trying to get all the settings just so. but, i imagine i will prolly them forever :D

ZOMG AB1T4L1F3!!1