need some help

edited March 2005 in Hardware
i play many games on my compaq computer, not sure what model it is but it has pentium 4 with 1gig ram, recently my computer freezes about 20-30 seconds every minute and does this non stop until i get out of the game, it only does it when im in a game and does it on every game, i've tried compaq's help center but there generated responses help nothing, i was wondering if any of yall have any idea what i should do short of buying another computer, just dont have the money for that right now, thanks in advance

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2005
    Does this only happen on 1 game or on any game? Things to check scandisk and defrag, anti-virus, anti-spy ware. Need a little more to go on here.
  • edited March 2005
    kryyst wrote:
    Does this only happen on 1 game or on any game? Things to check scandisk and defrag, anti-virus, anti-spy ware. Need a little more to go on here.

this happens on every game, JK2, WoW, ravenshield, call of duty are the only ones i have installed and it does it on all of them, scandisk and defrag, anti-virus, anti-spy ware. i have done all of those with no luck
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2005
    Next step is get memtest and scan your ram. I'm guessing that gaming is the only intensive things you are doing on this machine that is actually using that gig of ram.