A64 mobos

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
I am getting "the itch" to do some changing, curious about your opinions on what is the best A64 mobo for socket 754 and/or 939. I like to overclock, and play games.
I have an MSI K8N Neo platinum and a A64 3000+ S754, but i thinkin of givin that to the wife for something new.

PLEASE tell me why you feel the way you do!!!

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    DFI is good and oc better than anyone but abit and msi are better in features
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Come on fellow enthusiasts! PLEASE! :help:
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    DFI ULTRA-D 939!!! u cant go wrong.
    i wouldnt invest too much money into AGP cards these days, unless ur getting a killer deal.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I am in full agreement with the above poster. I've got an Ultra-D and A64 3200+ Winchester. That baby r0x0rs my b0x0rs.
  • edited April 2005
    Since you would be giving your present rig to the wife and would be building a new one from scratch, definitely go with the DFI Ultra-D.
    edited April 2005
    just a little to show what a 3000+ and that DFI board can do.
    (mind you this isnt at 1:1) , stock heatsink and default voltage.
    oh and some generic pc3200 ram.
    edited April 2005
    OoOOoOooooo, me like it!!

Only prob is the damn video card. Oh and the money.
    edited April 2005
    Citrix, what are yer settings for command rate 1t or 2t, how bout HT frequency 1x-5x, mem bus ratio to cpu?
    edited April 2005
    Bump, please!
    edited April 2005
    im sorry , thats an old screenie.

im running now at 1t , 1.5-2-2-5-7 250 1:1 3.4v

OCZ pc3200 VX series dual channel
  • edited April 2005
    If you want to stay with socket 754, the DFI NF3-250Gb and a mobile Clawhammer are a fun combo too, along with some VX ram. I just recently built one of these up and it's presently at 300 X 9, with the ram at 240 MHz and 2-2-2-10 1T timings for a dedicated folding rig and it kicks mucho ass. I can't tell you how it games as I have just a Radeon 7000 vid card in it (don't need fancy graphics for folding) but I imagine if you throw a good vid card in it, it should rock the house. Plus, there will be an upgrade path in the future when the 90 nm Turion mobile chips hit the market too. :thumbsup: The only dead end to them is the AGP graphics, but there's no appreciable difference presently between AGP and PCI-e performance except for SLI.
    edited April 2005
    SLI.... BAHH pitiful idea! it'll never last IMO.
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited April 2005
    Get DFI all the way. My DFI is the only mobo in my whole computing life that I haven't had any problems with. Previous mobos always had some glitch or whatever.

DFI NF3 250gb is also a winner in price vs quality!