Options

free compaq or gateway tablet pc

edited March 2005 in Hardware
All four DIMMS are registered ECC PC2100 DDR, with ECC enabled in the BIOS. It's been running stable from November until about June when it started doing this. I'm not hosting it (I live over 100 miles from where it is now), so it's been exciting driving over to fix it. Anyway, the hoster (my technologically-inept sister) says its been stable for the past 48 hours running FAH 24/7 without a DIMM in bank 0, so I feel certain now that bank0 has failed on the board.

IDE cables are fine, I tested them recently.

I checked Tyan's website, and they have a three year warranty for boards you get from them, but the board was bought from Newegg who only offers a one year warranty, and I think it may be past that. *sigh* Next time I see it I'll check for mechanical damage to the DIMM slot. That actually has a fair probability of being the problem, since the HSF clip on CPU1 partially obstructs bank 0, but that wouldn't account for this behavior when I was using the AMD stock sinks which didn't. Note that the system wouldn't boot with *ANY* of the modules I had in bank 0.

-drasnor :fold: