School net send advantage

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
Does anyone know of a command I can use for net sending someone through another computer. The computer lab at school has all windows 2000 computers and we like to net send each other, sometimes net sends of death, :rarr: but basically I want to know if I can make a .bat or something where I can send something to another computer other than mine and have that one send a net send message to someone. I promise this is not for evil, it's only to gain an edge over some friends who like to give me distractions every once and a while and who decide to shut down my computer if I ever do anything to them. :cry: I just need to be more annonymous.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2005
    nope sorry not through net send.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited April 2005
    Any other way?
    edited April 2005
    nope you'd have to get them to actually run something on the target machine. So if you have stupid people you could just put a bat file there and hope they run it.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited April 2005
    wall :D
    edited April 2005
    Can I set a .bat up with a delayed start? or a random message of several I set?
    edited April 2005
    you can create a bat file that has a loop in it so it'll start loop for awhile then run but there is no 'random' command that'll work in a bat file. However you really don't want to make a bat file that is sitting there looping randomly until it executes, it's sloppy and bad for cpu ussage. The only way to really do it is to add a task that will run the bat file after some specific criteria either after x mins of the computer being idel or a certain time of day whatever. However to schedule a task I'm pretty sure you need admin rights now (been so long since I haven't had admin rights at work I've forgotten) so at school my guess is that won't work either.
  • edited April 2005
    yagga wrote:
    Does anyone know of a command I can use for net sending someone through another computer. The computer lab at school has all windows 2000 computers and we like to net send each other, sometimes net sends of death, :rarr: but basically I want to know if I can make a .bat or something where I can send something to another computer other than mine and have that one send a net send message to someone. I promise this is not for evil, it's only to gain an edge over some friends who like to give me distractions every once and a while and who decide to shut down my computer if I ever do anything to them. :cry: I just need to be more annonymous.

If your machine is authenticated with theirs or if you know the username and password you could telnet to their machine and run the net send (or any other) command from their account.

Another option is if the machines have SQL Server or MSDE... Always fun hacking someone of with that....
    edited April 2005
    iceman23 wrote:
    If your machine is authenticated with theirs or if you know the username and password you could telnet to their machine and run the net send (or any other) command from their account.

Another option is if the machines have SQL Server or MSDE... Always fun hacking someone of with that....

They'd also have to have telnet running on their machine which generally won't be the case on a school computer, likewise doubtfull that they'd have sql server or msde running.
    edited April 2005
    maybe i could turn telnet on?

the sign in name is universal, we don't have our own special sign ins.
    edited April 2005
    you have to install IIS and turn telnet on as a service. That is not something you can do without admin rights. You'd have better luck setting up a scheduled task.